“Amazing Food”

Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant with brilliant friendly service, cosy atmosphere and good location. All of this however is topped by the food, excellently presented, right size portion and tasted amazing for all three courses we had. Was so good have cancelled my reservation for tomorrow to go back!! Please go and try this place for yourself!

3  Thank Rustytravelling

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Have to totally disagree with Stef581. I called the night before departing SFO to see if they could take us tonight for dinner. I was told that they were closing at 7:30 for a private party. If I could arrive by 6:00 and would be OK with a table in a nook up front, they would be happy to serve me at a leisurely pace. Our dinner was perfect in every aspect. While the restaurant was busy, we were still made to feel welcome and appreciated. The food was among the best and the service professional. I appreciate a restaurant telling me when they cannot give me the best service. Honesty and quality win out! I will be back and will refer friends! Thanks for a warm and wonderful introduction to Victoria!

2  Thank Frances0901
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have tried several times to go to this restaurant and can't quite get in the door either because of the irregular hours (inconsistent and unpredictable despite what it says on the door) or the rudeness I face on the telephone. Was actually told tonight 'we are running out of food' and "there is no place for you here".
Not welcoming, think I'll stop trying.

2  Thank Stef581
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

True confessions first: we chose the restaurant for its food (excellent), but we made two return visits to buy the art! We enjoy contemporary art that we can afford. While happily enjoying the soft ambience and delightful food, we discovered that the art was a product of the prodigious and multi-talented owner, Richelle Osborne. Captivated, we returned to the states with three of her pieces.

As for the food? Blighty's has many features ideal for the food driven traveller. Away from the heavily beaten traffic of Victoria Harbor, (you will need a car), you can appreciate the quiet location in the charming Oak Bay neighborhood. Small and popular with locals, (reservations are smart), Blighty's is one of those magical dining spots where the food, wine, atmosphere and service all merge to create a great experience.

2  Thank Caroltheodora
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Blighty's is our local restaurant for a creative, tasty meal. We had the fish tacos from the Spring menu and they were delicious. Service is warm and friendly from Richelle and her staff.
A great place to enjoy dinner in a cozy yet comfortable setting.

2  Thank Andrea S