“Italian country style cooking”
Review of Cafe Brio

Cafe Brio
Ranked #8 of 1,222 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harris Green
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I must say this style of cooking was quite a revelation to me and I class myself a something of a "foodie". Check out the menu online first and then give it a go. I was very surprised!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Cafe Brio had good food and wine. We enjoyed the half portion sizes. The service was great, attentive and friendly. Our server went out of his way to answer our questions about the menu, even Googling something for us!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This restaurant had been recommended to me before I left Vancouver to visit Victoria. We decided to try it on the May long weekend. Reservations are a good idea.
We were very pleased with everything. The food was delicious, nice to be able to get half portions, thank you. The service was excellent, very professional!
We will definitely be back on our next trip. Thank you

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am always reluctant to choose Italian restaurants in my trips for fear of being disappointed. This time I followed a recommendation from our B&B hostess and I have to admit I have been very positively surprised. Cafe Brio is a little gem in Victoria. A small place, with nice decor, owned by an Italian couple. The chef made smart choices in the menu by remaining loyal to good Italian cooking style while re-intepreting it in a modern way.
Pasta with duck ragout, with a twist of orange, or a delicious pork shoulder slow cooked to perfection in a wine saice while kept crisp an juicy are just example of the well balanced and intriguing menu.
Very good wine list and even a cheese selection including italan, french and local (also a nice surprise) products.
Charming and professional service complete the picture. Really a job well done!

1  Thank MaxC59
Reviewed 28 May 2014

They provide either full orders or half orders for the meals there were four of us at our table and we all had two half dinners. I went with seared tuba and for the second plate I had there rabbit. Portions are on the small side so you will need a tasty appetizer. Although portions were small , I must say the flavour was excellent. Our service was top notch and very friendly I will definitely go back. For another meal