“Fresh, nicely prepared, tasty chinese food”
Review of Forum Restaurant

Forum Restaurant
Ranked #484 of 1,227 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 June 2013

As a family group of 5 on a Friday night we tried the Forum Restaurant for the first time. We each picked an offering from the extensive menu for sharing. Our tastes were relatively modest but there are many items on the menu for the adventuresome diner. Our server was prompt and attentive and was able to answer any questions we had about the dishes. The kitchen coordination was lacking somewhat, resulting in our order arriving in a bit of a haphazard manner, with the sizzling tipan dish arriving before other dishes and the steamed rice arriving at the end of the meal. Our request for a rice noodle chow mien (gluten-free) without curry was accommodated without an issue. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience.

2  Thank Terry D

Reviewed 26 May 2013

If authentic Chinese is what you're looking for in Victoria, Forum Restaurant should be your first stop. You won't be disappointed. It's not a large restaurant, and not a fancy one, but the dishes you're served will be among the most appetizing ever, beautiful to see and delicious to taste. We shared a number of dishes at our table, the highlight of which was the Pork Belly with Fermented Vegetables. Pork cooked to perfection atop a delicious melange of flavorful vegetables and 'garnished' with bright green broccoli. Service was timely and helpful. Portions were large and easily served four people.

3  Thank cmpoz
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Ate at forum tonight. I had a Poached Beef in Spicy Sishuan Peppercorn Sauce (a soup dish), what a delight. The broth was complex, flavourful and quite spicy, just the way I like it. The chef actually came to our table and showed us some of the sishuan peppercorns that he uses to make the sauce-I had never tasted them before, unique and delicious flavour. The server was friendly and attentive and the chef was obviously proud of his food and excited that we were enjoying it. Would definitely go back, a great little restaurant tucked away in Chinatown. Go there!

1  Thank chloe_giles
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have been coming here periodiaclly for decades .
Started out coming here for lunch . They have an incredible soup menu at lunch .
Shredded Pork and Sour Cabbage Soup is my favorite despite how it sounds !
It has changed ownership twice now since I have been coming .
15 years ago it changed and the food stayed the same , very good to excellent.
It changed owners again and our last food was the first since the change . I fear they are cutting back as it did not seem the same .
I will certainly give them a mulligan and return , however parking down there can be a royal headache so I do not get there nearly as often .
If you are downtown do not hesitate to try the Forum , I found it much better than most of the trendier joints down on the next block .

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Good food and good service with a smile at a reasonable price...who could ask for more?! We went as a group of 10 after a very informative tour of Chinatown with John Adams which is something that we, as locals, had never done before. The food came piping hot and each and every dish we had was delicious. Very good group rate; we had originally booked Don Mees's, but, we were able to get the same number of dishes at a much better price here without compromising anything! I would definitely go back again!

1  Thank Victoria402010