“Viisted twice and was impressed”
Review of James Bay Inn Pub

James Bay Inn Pub
Ranked #79 of 1,247 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: James Bay
Description: Our goal is to provide you with delicious food in a relaxed, casual and pleasant atmosphere with friendly and cheerful service. We purchase only the freshest ingredients available in. We use zero trans-fat oil in our fryers, which is in turn recycled into fuel. Our soups, salads, gravies, chowders and most of our dressings are all homemade. Our food may take a little longer to prepare but we hope you will enjoy your experience. Bon Appétit Management & Staff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's hard when you visit Victoria semi-regularly and have found so many good venues to eat to continue to expand your search. Arriving late morning on a Saturday we were presented with a choice of a "brunch" menu or lunch. The decor was 90's casino but bright and inviting and our server Alex very pleasant. I opted for the corned beef on rye and it came piping hot on marbled rye with a bit of ham added in for an additional flavour profile. We enjoyed so much that we came back for breakfast the next day and while busy with locals it arrived similarly as ordered and was good value.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I used to eat at the pub quite often and really enjoyed it. After not being there for a year or so, we went last night for dinner. Ug!I!
I ordered a shrimp melt that tasted like old, rubbery canned shrimp. I sent it back and asked for a grilled cheese-thinking that it was impossible to mess that up. I was wrong!
I got 2 slices of thin white bread with a cheese slice between and barely warm- not grilled AND was charged 9$$ for it! My husband ordered the hot roast beef, again-barely warm, muscled-grizzly beef on white bread and mashed potatoe swimming in thick gravy.
Very sad to see how far the standards have fallen here. Nice place to go for a beer-but eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We popped in to have a snack and watch the end of the game. Reminds me a bit of a legion. All good. We had natcho's and drinks and played some pull tabs. It is def. a pub and not anything high end. If dark and a bit dingy is what you are looking for then this is the place. Big screens for TV's too!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I was so excited for their shrimp melt but when it came I was so disappointed. They used very cheap bread with low quality. Barely seen shrimp and no design at all. I could not eat it.
Nice vibe inside and well designed.
Not recommended at all. Wasting money and time.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

This pub is under the James Bay Inn, next to the JBI restaurant. They do take the 15% coupon from the hotel if you are staying there. There's dartboards, billiard table, and a large screen TV. The wait staff was attentive, except for the blond lady who'd rather socialize with the locals while completing her roll ups. Many nights the locals are playing friendly games of darts, and will offer for you to play along with them. We met a few people who told us a wonderful story about the nearby Beacon Park, and another person offered a toke up his marijuana pipe. The food being served is the same fare as the restaurant but with a better atmosphere. Their drink special for the night is worth the price. They stop serving food at 10pm.