“Excellent. Casual. Vegetarian food, good value, and try the cocktails!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rebar Modern Food

Rebar Modern Food
Ranked #20 of 1,181 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Canadian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Contemporary vegetarian eatery with a low-key vibe, plus a selection of juices, cocktails, wine & beer.
Langley, Washington
“Excellent. Casual. Vegetarian food, good value, and try the cocktails!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a great meal at this funky and popular little basement restaurant. I had the Monks Curry, which was excellent. You can actually order a half order at $14 (if I recall correctly) which was more than I could eat (I am a good eater too) or a whole order at $18 which would easily feed two people. My husband had the Mount Fuji stir-fry. The food was fresh and well balanced in flavor and texture.
Even better was the amazing Dali's Mustache cocktail made with beet juice, gin, and an herb (which I can't remember now a week later). It was very slightly sweet (I had them cut the sugar syrup in half) and was perfect. Initially the beet juice seemed overpowering but I can easily say it was one of the best cocktails I have ever had. I would go all the way up to Victoria just for that.
Well worth it. After dinner hike on down to Swan's and listen to some live blues or jazz.

Morrison, Illinois
“Good veggie food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stumbled in here quite by accident. We were served large bottles of summer wheat beer to share. The shrimp tacos were mostly cabbage and not too tasty, but the almond cheeseburger was to die for. Service wasn’t the best. An eclectic group of people eating on eclectic tables made for interesting conversation. It was an interesting experience.

• Visited July 2014
London, Ontario, Canada
“Perfect for a healthy, delightful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I love the philosophy of Re-Bar: local, organic, gourmet vegetarian. My meal was delicious and ample. I enjoyed a perfect latte. Service was friendly; although slow. I was dying for a coffee when we arrived for breakfast (albeit late: 11am!!) and mentioned that to the hostess who showed us to our table. She replied: you will need to ask that of your server. Really??? It's a tiny restaurant... could you not expedite some coffee??? When servers are run off their feet, could the water-person or greeter not pitch in to get the coffee coming???

Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Very satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband was raving about this place, so we went during our stay in Victoria. I liked it a lot, but it is often packed with people. We went at 2h30 pm and it was almost full. But I understood what the fuss was about, because the food is very tasty and filling. We both chose a dish from the specials: I had a rice bowl (brown rice), and my husband had shrimp tacos (I thought they were strictly vegetarian, but apparently not. I don't mind, but I'm not a vegetarian myself). I would definitely go back. Just about every restaurant we ate at in Victoria was great, but my husband lived in Victoria for a few years before, so it is good to have someone who knows the good eating spots :)

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Food & Great Vibe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

With mostly vegetarian and some meat options, this small yet quirky restaurant quickly won our hearts. We arrived just before the lunch rush which granted us a good seat by the window. We ordered the Szechuan Soba Noodle Salad and the Monk's Curry Bowl - both vegan and very good! The waitresses were friendly and prompt and we had a really good experience. We also got to flip through their FABULOUS cookbook which I hope to purchase soon. Until then, I'll just be dreaming of my amazing lunch and my next visit to beautiful Victoria.