“Great food for low price”

Thai Siam Restaurant
Ranked #166 of 1,180 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Montreal, Canada
“Great food for low price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

This restaurant is located downtown Victoria by the Marina and close to the Parliament. The decor is nothing fancy but the food!!!mmmmm! delicious ! and the price....doesnt hurt at the end. Service is prompt and friendly. Definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent choice for tasty dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I was on my own and wanted something interesting for dinner so I wandered around the old waterfront area of downtown Victoria. Not a big fan of seafood, so I was looking for something spicy and after checking the menu at a dozen restaurants came across Siam Thai. I selected a coconut milk and red curry dish and asked for it “hot”. It was moderately hot and spicy, and my server checked several times to make sure it was hot enough and otherwise to my liking. My only complaint is to wonder why there an extra charge for a scoop of rice – it seems odd to charge so much for a few pennies worth of rice to soak up the spicy broth. Excellent service just the same; I hope to return next time I’m in Victoria.

• Visited April 2013
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is a great place to eat, the food is the reason we all go out and the rest is nice as an addition. But this place is all about the food. The service is good I'm never disappointed and I've never had a bad dish here ever. The quality is high and taste is always fantastic. If you want great food and don't need to have the fancy stuff this is your place. Gai Yang, Panaeng Curry and Larb Kai are all worthwhile.

• Visited July 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

We went to Siam for lunch, we got there at 11:50am to beat the lunch rush. The place was empty and smelled musty. It was raining out which is why we did leave to find a different place. The tables and chairs was different in different sections, as if they were brought at a few yard sales. After we ordered with smell improved as we could smell the food cooking. The service was excellent and so was the food. The place is old and it shows but the food is good. I would go there again, but maybe get take out.

• Visited November 2012
Edmonton
“Best Thai we had in Victoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Terrific Thai!
We enjoyed it so much, we went there twice during our trip (we also tried the Baan Thai restaurant - which was just okay).

Our friends took us to the Thai Siam which is great. (Thanks Sherry & Andy for taking us the first time and for suggesting the soup) Only a couple of blocks from the Empress Hotel.

Try the hot and sour soup with coconut milk, to die for! (Too bad we couldn't take some home on the plane.) Service very friendly and prompt both times we were there.
We'll certainly be back next time we're in Victoria.

• Visited October 2012