“Good alternative to pricey restaurants” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edmonton, Canada
“Good alternative to pricey restaurants”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ate there twice for breakfast as our hotel was nearby and once for dinner. The breakfast meals were very large and typical breakfast fare.

Dinner was very good. I had the seafood chowder and having fresh fish in the chowder (unlike what I get locally) made the dish very tasty. The food overall was nothing special but when staying in Victoria for an extended period of time, eating every night at fancy restaurants gets a little tiring.

Staff were friendly, service was prompt and the prices although elevated where comparable for the type of restaurant and for that area.

• Visited June 2014

Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The multi-million dollar view is the best thing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The view is the best thing going here. However, the Swiftsure's been around for a million-zillion years, it seems. It's more like an ol reliable watering hole..but I order the same thing every time. The waitresses are friendly, but not overly attentive or that great at being a fabulouso server. (too bad) Like..maybe come over...and ask if I could use more water..or a coffee..or something! I'd be impressed, if they were proud of their menu and tried to sell me something interesting off it. But! They don't. So? I don't buy anything and off I go to Starbucks--for dessert.

Shame..cause I might just purchase something from them---if they just would ask...

But! I get the same dish and I'm satisfied. On my work lunch break.
It's what I want--and I get it. It's all good.
I wouldn't go there on date night. I wouldn't meet a friend there.
Sorry..but I wouldn't.
However! The view is pretty sweet and I go there because it's near work.
Thanks Swiftsure. Thanks to the kitchen staff..for keeping my one menu item, the same and always fresh.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Good food and outstanding service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Food was delicious and the service by our waiter, Will, was outstanding! He was so professional and personable and his attitude contributed to making the experience enjoyable. Too often service staff just goes through the motions of the 'job.' This individual really does care about rendering excellent service.

Visited May 2014
Bonney Lake, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent Lunch on Patio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food was average restaurant items/quality. We enjoyed eating out on the patio, and it is right across from the ferry. So, it was a convenient location.

Visited June 2014
Virginia Beach
“Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

After a few days dining in Victoria's fancy ethnic restaurants, my wife and were in the mood for something plain and simple. When we passed the Swiftsure and saw it crowded with families enjoying pizza night, we decided to give it a try. The restaurant is located in a Days Inn and it was nothing fancy, but fancy is just what we didn't want. The all-you-can-eat pizza didn't appeal to us, but the open-face turkey sandwiches sounded good. And they were; hot, tasty and very satisfying, and our young server friendly and efficient. The Swiftsure will not be mistaken for a gourmet restaurant, but in a practical sense our turkey sandwiches may have been the most enjoyable meal we had in Victoria (and certainly the least expensive).

• Visited March 2014