“LOTS of very good Food”

Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a great restaurant and lounge. Very nice seating outside, as well as very nice and comfortable inside. The service is excellent! They do serve a LOT of food, so be sure you are hungry. Location is excellent - close to the Inner Harbor, the Ferry Service, and some nice park areas. Also down the street are the beautiful Parliament Buildings. A good place to eat and drink!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Not too fancy (and pricey!) Very similiar in feel to a Denny's or an Applebee's. Just straight forward, good food. I didn't get a shock when my bill came!
I treated my dad to a meal here and it was very good portions (turkey sandwich-recommended!)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ate there twice for breakfast as our hotel was nearby and once for dinner. The breakfast meals were very large and typical breakfast fare.

Dinner was very good. I had the seafood chowder and having fresh fish in the chowder (unlike what I get locally) made the dish very tasty. The food overall was nothing special but when staying in Victoria for an extended period of time, eating every night at fancy restaurants gets a little tiring.

Staff were friendly, service was prompt and the prices although elevated where comparable for the type of restaurant and for that area.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The view is the best thing going here. However, the Swiftsure's been around for a million-zillion years, it seems. It's more like an ol reliable watering hole..but I order the same thing every time. The waitresses are friendly, but not overly attentive or that great at being a fabulouso server. (too bad) Like..maybe come over...and ask if I could use more water..or a coffee..or something! I'd be impressed, if they were proud of their menu and tried to sell me something interesting off it. But! They don't. So? I don't buy anything and off I go to Starbucks--for dessert.

Shame..cause I might just purchase something from them---if they just would ask...

But! I get the same dish and I'm satisfied. On my work lunch break.
It's what I want--and I get it. It's all good.
I wouldn't go there on date night. I wouldn't meet a friend there.
Sorry..but I wouldn't.
However! The view is pretty sweet and I go there because it's near work.
Thanks Swiftsure. Thanks to the kitchen staff..for keeping my one menu item, the same and always fresh.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Food was delicious and the service by our waiter, Will, was outstanding! He was so professional and personable and his attitude contributed to making the experience enjoyable. Too often service staff just goes through the motions of the 'job.' This individual really does care about rendering excellent service.