“A must if you are gluen intolerant”
Review of Blue Fox Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harris Green
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife has struggled to find a decent gluten free breakfast whilst on our BC road trip. Whilst in Victoria we saw the reviews for the Blue Fox and decided to give it a go. We arrived at 1030 and were finally seated at 1105 - a bigger queue had formed behind us by then - the food was gorgeous and was vast in portion size. I ordered Eggs from Hell Bennies and a banana cream cake (the server recommended I go half portions) and a choco shake and my wife had gluten free apple cinnamon waffles and a fruit salad. All was excellent and I was glad I hadn't ordered the full plates. Excellent service and well worth the wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We researched this place from Trip Advisor and Yelp and wanted to check it out.
We arrived around 10:15 on Friday morning, and saw what looked like to be a modest line standing out front. We joined the line and were told that the wait would be about 45 minutes, they had a large group that was slowing everything down . We decided to wait, even though we had reservations for the 12:30 ferry,
The place is very small, probably 15-18 tables, and somehow they permitted a table for 22 during the peak breakfast period, and the kitchen was clearly swamped with their order, we did not get seated till 11:20 and we ordered right away, and the food arrived around 11:45, I thought the eggs, bacon and sourdough toast,oh and the coffee were very good, and the sausage and home fries were okay. the service was also very good.
All in All it was a good breakfast, I would have it again, but would not give it more than a 15-20 minute wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is great -there is always a line -up- but well worth it. The servers while working hard to move things along are friendly and efficient! The coffee is great!
Suggest you walk in -parking is at a premium.

The Benis With Salmon are Delicious ¡¡¡
Some times you have to wait in line, it is woth it
It is near down town, a 10 min walk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were told to go here. It is suppose to be well worth the stand up wait.
Well, after walking there, then standing in the 30 degree heat for one hour..... we had no choice but to walk away.
I hear it is like that every single day.
If that’s the case, and they are well worth the wait, why don’t they consider moving to a much large building? They could well afford the rent at a larger place, and ensure that their customers are all seated in a timely manner.
Such a disappointment.
I will not go again as there are dozens of great restaurant in the area that had no line up at all.