“Always very good food, and a great view”
Review of Vista 18

Vista 18
Reserve with OpenTable
Vista 18 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 1,245 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$24 - US$39
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Fairfield Rd
Transit: 1/2 block from Vista 18 is Douglas Street which is one of the main routes for our transit system. Some of the main routes with stops here are 1, 2, 2A, 4, 7, 7N, 21, 27, 28, 30, 31, 70 and 75. For full details, please visit www.bctransit.com
Description: Located on the 18th floor of Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites, Vista 18 Westcoast Grill and Wine Bar takes dining with a view to the next level. Guests are treated to a regional dining experience where they can sample the best that the area has to offer, while taking in the view of Victoria's bustling Inner Harbour or the Juan de Fuca Strait and Olympic Mountains. Come enjoy the live music in our lounge on Friday and Saturday nights while sampling martinis and small bites; or come for a delicious dinner in the restaurant. Our menu features fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by our talented culinary team. Complement any experience with wine from our extensive list featuring many offerings from Vancouver Island and B.C. wine regions. Vista 18 is a dining experience not to be missed.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were given a gift card for this restaurant (a very good idea, that), and really enjoyed our meal. I've been there on many occasions, and the food and service have always been of the highest quality. They were very willing to accommodate special dietary needs. Their 'signature root crisps' are REALLY tasty. We both enjoyed our steaks, and I indulged in the 'taster chocolate tray' dessert, as much out of curiosity as greed, although greed did play its part. I really enjoyed the 'single plantation chocolate milkshake', even though they weren't able to tell me exactly where the plantation was. All in all, a very enjoyable place to eat, especially when someone else is paying. They also do a good before-theatre meal if you are going to the symphony or opera, but be sure to allow yourself a reasonable margin of time (in case dessert is required).

1  Thank Elizabeth B

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My 93 year old mother-in-law wanted to treat Mike and I to dinner and chose Visa 18.
The three of us had a lovely dinner and enjoyed the lovely view looking out to the Parliament Buildings.
Service was outstanding and all of us are looking forward to returning.

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had breakfast there 2 mornings out of 3. We were up early so it was very convenient. The servers were fast and friendly. The view from there was great

Reviewed 27 May 2014

It really was about the View, it's truly one of the best views over the city. Our reservation was 5, they hadn’t quiet set up the table when we arrived 5 minutes early. I also thought the menu was limited and a little pricey, but again, you’re paying for the view. I didn’t really like the way the dinner menu special was set up, starter/main/desert, pick any two for $23.00.. why not have all three included in the price? So I choose starter and main, thinking I would order desert separately, not for $11 I didn’t, so I had a bowl of ice cream when I got home.. We had to ask for our bread which I don’t like doing and had to ask for our green tea twice. Have to say the starter salad was very nice, except a little more dressing would have been nice, guess I could have asked, right?. the lettuce came all wrapped in thin sliced cucumber (nice touch) few beans on the side and cherry tomatoes, very tasty. My Main was the pasta, came in a oversized bowl, which always makes me laugh ~ but it was very fresh and tasty as well. My friend ordered the Salmon which looked and tasted amazing according to him, for desert he ordered the custard something rather in the reusable mason jar (which we forgot there).. all in all the meal was lovely and view amazing.

1  Thank Whitesands13
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Have to give it a 3 rating based on the menu options and prices. We enjoy a good meal out and will pay for it, but where a bit disappointed in the options available and prices you had to pay to get them.
Amazing views and live entertainment on weekend evenings are worth a 5 though.

1  Thank LLA4