“Not a good choice!”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Dallas, Texas
“Not a good choice!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Terrible food, less than lousy service, dirty cutlery that we asked to have replaced THREE times! We asked for water 6 or seven times....I could see if the the place was busy, but there were MAYBE three or four other tables. Our server was not only slow, but brought things out in the wrong order....the food was less than mediocre and the price was way too high. I agree with the other reviewer who suggested that the seafood is not fresh as they claim, but frozen, ugh! The veggies on my plate had zero taste, and how are you supposed to eat under cooked corn still on the cob, cut into 2" pieces and buried in a mud bath of mashed potatoes!?

I guess the location is the only the thing that warrants the pricing in this place. I went with a young lady who used to work there, and she told me they even have a separate menu for "tourists" and "locals" in terms of pricing. I thought she was kidding.....nope, she flat out asked the server, who stammered and denied....I would never go back to this place....too pricey and lousy in every way!

• Visited September 2013
Maria H, General Manager at wharfside seafood grille, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We are so very sorry for your unsatisfactory experience. We need your help!!
1. Please identify the specific fish you ordered. I am at a loss as to which one it is. We will change suppliers if you let us know
2. On what date were you here and approx. where were you sitting please?
We can't solve the problems without your help to identify them. Again, please help.
We can confirm we no longer have a " local" menu!
We are trying to improve. Without specific help, we can't. We have made several improvements to date based upon specific critiques of "contributors". We would like to address your concerns. Please help.
Thank you for your input!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“poor poor poor”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Supposedly fresh fish BUT it was either frozen or not fresh on the day or very badly cooked. A great site and waiting staff very good but all let down by the very poor quality food. In addition the waiter went to great detail to tell us that service was included in the bill but when I went to pay the chip/pin machine asked if I wanted to tip!!! NO!!!

• Visited September 2013
Maria H, General Manager at wharfside seafood grille, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
I am so sorry you were disappointed with your fish meal. In order to help us, would you please let me know whcih specific fish you ordered and what you did not like about it? We are trying to respond to all complaints so we can improve our product. Please help us!
London
“Not a delight”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with what looked like it was going to be a treat whilst visiting Victoria. The food was my main disappointment - I ordered the shellfish delight at almost $25 and my mind was running away with what I imagined would be a feast - not only was it not a feast, it wasn't even a delight! It wouldn't even pass for a starter size portion back in the UK. I counted 12 mussels, 9 clams, 6 prawns and some small bits of squid floating around. There were 3 whole potatoes, one of which was undercooked, 2 ends of Sweetcorn which should have been discarded, and 3 green beans, in a sauce which was ok but not great. I had to have a dessert or I would have needed to go elsewhere for a meal, so I went for the New York cheesecake, thinking not much could go wrong, again it was just ok, the cake itself was manufactured and so ok, the slop they chucked on top didn't look right and didn't taste great either.

My other disappointment is that I was dining alone, and they evidently don't like this. Don't get me wrong the welcome was good, I was shown to a nice table, the waiter was pleasant enough, but when I compared how I was treated to how other guests around me were treated I felt very inferior. All the tables around me were welcomed with a glass of iced water, not me, I was just rushed to order and the water came with my wine. All the other tables were told about the specials of the day, not me. When my shellfish "delight" was taken away I was asked if I wanted the bill, no I wanted a menu choose a dessert as I was still hungry! When my dessert plate was cleared I was asked if I wanted the bill, which I accepted, but would have loved to have been offered a coffee to finish my meal.

For $76 including drink and tip, I left feeling ripped off.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank CharlieTheChaplain
We apologize for the quantity of your meal. Because of your detailed description of the meal, we have been able to adjust the quantity and improve the value of the "Delight". Thank you for this help. Future diners will benefit from your critique. I can assure you, we do not condone the inferior treatment of single diners! If you can tell me what day you dined with us and approximately where you sat, we could possibly re-educate the server who took care of you that poorly. They need to improve as well. Please help us here. Thank you!
Seattle, Washington
“Overpriced but pleasant”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

$10.00 for their version of a Bloody Mary made with clamto juice. Ok the drinks were tasty but for that price they should be. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was good. The steamer clams and muscles were a small portion. The waitstaff was adequate the view on a sunny day is what you pay for. 2 people, 4 drinks, 3 appetizers = $120.00.

OK but think you might find better.

Kelowna, Canada
“I will be going back!!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I'm australian so have exceptionally high standards when it comes to seafood, this was the best seafood platter (the admiral) that I've had in a very long time. Our server was excellent, friendly & helpful. The environment was great, I loved the style & feel of it, as well as the way the staff interacted with all the guests that i saw. Highly recommended!