“Surprised”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on the Arcade level of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Victoria, Bartholomew's has been a favourite spot for both locals and visitors alike since 1975. We offer a casual relaxed atmosphere, in an English-style setting, as well as a beautiful outdoor patio (seasonal). Bartholomew's is proud to support our local craft beer industry and offers beer on tap from all the major Victoria breweries. We are also famous for our signature double seafood Caesar, which is considered, by many, to be the best in Victoria. Our menu is extensive, offering classic pub fare and families are welcome. Enjoy live entertainment every Friday & Saturday from 9:30 pm, and Sunday's from 4:30 pm, as we showcase some of Victoria's finest talent, no cover charge. Every Saturday, from June through September we offer a patio barbeque from 6 pm, weather permitting. The menu features a selection of summer favourites, and rotates weekly.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've been using Bart's for the past three years and on my last visit to Vic I stayed at the Executive House Hotel and frequented Bart's a lot. I've always had good food, good beer and a good time especially on music nights. Shame about stopping breakfast in the restaurant. I hope the not so good reports are just odd bad days.

1  Thank rapidsjonson

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Located in the downstairs area of the Executive House Hotel where I often stay in Victoria, I have been a frequent patron of this pub over the years, mostly because of the convenience. On this trip, I was disappointed to find out that their restaurant area is no longer open for breakfast, but they have a new menu offering more traditional pub fare.

Based on the recommendation of my fellow Yelpers, I ordered a Bart's Burger served with their own signature sweet potato fries and it was all very tasty. They use a nice seasoning on the meat before they sear it.

I also tried their Club sandwich on another occasion and it was just okay. I'm used to toasted bread, but they don't do that here.

They have a free appetizer in the bar at 5 pm to help get your happy hour started and live music Thursday through Sunday nights starting around 9 pm. If you don't get there early, chances are you won't find a table as they seem to fill up fast. There is a dance floor, if you are feeling the rhythm of the beat.

I really enjoy sitting out on their patio on a warm summer evening, listening to the music and watching the people pass by on the street.

1  Thank arl3203
Reviewed 26 January 2014

From the promotional materials, It appears to be a welcoming "quintessential" English Pub. But, during our two visits we found it cold and unwelcoming. The food wad bland and boring. We decided two strikes was enough and moved on to other establishments for the rest of our stay in Victoria.

2  Thank J E O
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have visited this pub many times over the years. We always enjoyed their oysters and other pub fare . This time was awful Oysters Rockefeller were gross and not cooked and salad was limp and not fresh ugh ! We did however enjoy listening to their awesome band music was terrific. We just made sure we ate elsewhere beforehand .

3  Thank twindates
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Food and service was excellent. Good Beer---microbrews available. Our meal was very good and well-prepared. Most importantly, it was within walking distance to our motel (Helm's Inn).

1  Thank Joe N