“nasty”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“nasty”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

First time here with my friend and her small son (who are regulars btw), decided to order some brunch, as I skipped breakfast that morning, ordered the traditional, bacon, eggs, toast and hashbrowns, waitress took our order, I decided to go wash my hands before we eat, go into the ladies washroom...horrible, horrible..mess..paper towels everywhere, ground needed to be swept, floor wet, I go into a stall and I cant even describe what I saw it was so disgusting. I was afraid to touch anything I just got the Hell out of there, feeling disgusted i go back to my table, sort of lost my appetite, but still willing to eat, few minutes later, food arrives, and I have been given some sort of eggs and seafood concoction, I told the waitress this is not what I ordered, she asked me if i was "sure", I said yes I'm sure, By this time I'm very annoyed, I feel gross just sitting in that place, barely ate, didn't tip, just paid and got the hell out of there. never been back since. In fact, I think that place shut down.

• Visited April 2013

Victoria, Canada
“What happened to Ricky's?”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We used to frequent Ricky's for breakfast, at least once a month, sometimes more. I particularly liked it because it was the only place around that you could getting shredded hash browns instead of always home fries. But in the last year (2012) it has just gone down hill. I don't know if they are having staffing problems? Although the service is friendly, it seems to take FOREVER for the food to come. Our visits have become fewer and fewer just for this reason. This past weekend we thought we'd give it another try because we hadn't been in so long. The usual large Sunday morning crowd was no where to be seen, and then the food was still SO late, the the waitress voluntarily took 50% off our bill without us even asking because she said there had been a "mix up" in the kitchen! And then when the food finally did show up it was extremely average and my beloved hash browns tasted like they had freezer burns!

Sorry Ricky's I'm afraid that was your last chance. We will be going elsewhere.

• Visited November 2012
Victoria, Canada
“bad food had fish & chips [cod]”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Had fish & chips [cod] with cole slaw. the fish tasted like basa not cod and piece was small. cole slaw had no dressing and was bland. deffinately not worth the price. waitress was excellent and she was told about the problem.

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Surprisingly good.”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We were just looking for somewhere to grab lunch while driving around the area and stumbled upon Ricky's. The hostess and waitress were both very pleasant, the menu offered a good selection at great prices, and breakfast was served all day - which we consider a nice bonus to any restaurant. I had the Breakfast Club and my husband had the Quick Commute breakfast which consisted of egg, bacon, hash browns, and toast. (He did add a second egg, though, for a nominal charge.) It all arrived quickly and was delicious. Places like this are often hit and miss, so we were happy to have found a hit this time. (I also think it would be fantastic for the whole family.)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Melichard
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I came here after being skunked by Salty's on Craigflower (closed, even though their website said they were open)... Anyway, we were there about 5pm on a Monday and were seated immediately, as only the second party there. Drinks were ordered and delivered in a timely fashion by the hostess. The only waitress in the joint took our food order in a timely fashion, but, about 10 minutes after our arrival, several other groups arrived, stretching that one waitress pretty thin. They were having a special on a number of items for $9 each - I had the Pulled Pork sandwich and my wife the Philly Cheesesteak. I like to think that, growing up in Maryland, I have a pretty good handle on good pulled pork - I was pleasantly surprised. The meat was meat (not a bunch of fat filler) and the sauce was good - nothing special but fit well. Coleslaw tops the pulled pork (as it should) and is delightful. The hoagie bun was toasted so the whole shebang didn't immediately fall apart. The French fries were not anything to write home about. My wife expected more cheese and onions, saying it was a bit heavy on the peppers. She was pleased it was served with au jus and that she could opt for a salad instead of fries. Overall it was a good experience, the staff was friendly and we would return in the future.