“Nice if you golf, otherwise not so great”

Predator Ridge Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Calgary, Canada
“Nice if you golf, otherwise not so great”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We spent 3 nights there for a weekend escape. Was a nice enough place, but as we are not golfers, was really not the place for us. Didn't use any of the other amenities as we were touring wineries and such near to Kelowna. It's out in the boonies; 15 minutes into Vernon and about 1/2 hour to Kelowna. Also, stayed in the lodge. The rooms are not soundproof and supplied with surround sound systems. The neighbours above made good use of their equipment. Restaurant is nice but pricey. So is the little store.

Room Tip: We were on the parking lot side. View wasn't the best, but if we were on the other side, early s...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your vacation escape needs. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests so if you have a chance, I would appreciate a call so that I can follow up on any other concerns you may have.

250-503-3418

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Winfield
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stopped into the lounge on our way home from Vernon last weekend for a beer and some appies. Surprised to see such limited seating in the lounge area and no outside patio area. There was a very strong chlorine (bleach) smell in the area most likely from some type of cleaning spray. It was very annoying and without access to outside (fresh air) a little stiffling. A glass of ale was 7.5 dollars (wow). Guess we could have not stayed but wanted to try it out. Our appies were okay but we wondered if they were freshly made in the kitchen or if the dry ribs and chicken wings came out of a Costco box. Again, a fairly high price for the amount you received. We love the area, the course and view but the restaurant/lounge needs to improve with more outdoor seating, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very disappointed to read about your recent experience at our Clubhouse lounge as that is not the experience we want our guests to have when dining with us. I will be following up with our Executive Chef as it is our standard to be serving fresh and delicious food.

We value the feedback of our guests and if you have a chance, I would appreciate a call so that I can follow up on any other concerns you may have.

Darren Gourlay
Food & Beverage Manager
dgourlay@predatorridge.com
250-869-2689
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We rented 2 cottages side by side with another family with a small baby. It was perfect for just hanging out, BBQ'ing and swimming in the pool. Rooms are clean, kitchen is well-stocked and makes it easy to stay in and cook. I was reluctant to stay at a golf course but I have to say the whole set-up with the cottages, hotel and residences was impressive. Would recommend for family and/or a golf trip. If you go, try to get up to the Sparkling Hill Resort for dinner or spa.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy all the amenities of our resort and Sparkling Hill.

We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

Hope to see you and your family again soon!

Vancouver
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My girlfriend and I, plus my chain-smoking, always-single buddy, went for a long weekend at one of Predator's course-side cabins. Upon arrival at the modest check-in, we were transferred via golf cart to the cabin.

The cabins are much larger than expected, and most have golf course views. Watching hackers hack, and players play was quite entertaining. Cabins have big kitchens, sitting areas and patios. They're nice but by no means are they super-luxurious. Powerful Air Con keeps everything cool, even when 40 degrees Celsius approaches.

I played both courses; the Predator is links-style and more of player's course. I liked it, although I do feel it is over rated. For example, it does not come close to the condition or challenge of Tobiano, and does not have the historical significance of place like Banff or Jasper. But it's still very, very good - but not all-out great.

The Ridge course is your typical higher end resort course. Fairways and greens are easy to hit in regulation, but pace of play can be an issue (I plead guilty: my girlfriend played her first round on a real course, so we were a bit slow too). Interestingly, Richard Zokol the ex-PGA player and Predator's pro, played behind us and it was fun to watch some of his massive drives and great approaches.

This great trip was only marred by two things; at the BBQ area, near the pool, a group of yahoos has basically destroyed the place with garbage, broken glasses and cigarette butts. A man obviously high on drugs wandered about drinking and shouting around with a couple buddies. He eventually came over to brag about how much "blow" he did that day (amongst children playing at a pool, may I add) - Bravo, sir.

Upon checkout, I had been charged for an extra green fee, which I had to essentially argue off the tab. Staff made a lame attempt to dispute a gift certificate I had for the game.

Other than these two things, the place was great and the course was very very good. I will be back.

Room Tip: If you are more than 2 people, go for the cabin. Play the Predator course if you only have 1 game to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy all the amenities of our resort. I will be following up with the leaders of each department you noted during your experience here at the resort.

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The setting could not be more beautiful! This was my husband and I's first time to the area, and we are glad we stayed here - it was perfect location in relation to Kelowna, downtown Vernon, the lakes, the wineries, etc. We were at the lodge, and the rooms were very nice and seemed updated and clean. There are definitely dining options, but we actually struck out a few times. Sunday morning, they only do brunch, so unless you want to pay a flat fee and eat a lot of food, there are really no other options. There is a cafe, but they ran out of all breakfast items by 10am. We tried again for lunch around 1pm, and they were already out of some of the lunch items. We tried again for cocktails later that evening, and for $15, they were pretty mediocre. The pool area is small, but fine to lay out at for a bit. Other than the dining, we were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read about your recent experience at our resort. I am sorry that our food services were not up to our standards. I will be following up with our food and beverage department about your experience while visiting.

1-888-578-6688
Beaumont, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our mixed families of 5 stayed in a Falcon Point 3 bedroom cottage for a week. We hit a minor glitch with a housekeeping in the unit, but once management was informed it was dealt with immediately and professionally. Beautiful setting, staff were friendly and helpful. Range restaurant is as close to fine dining as you will find for a golf course clubhouse. A couple of things I would suggest would be weekly rates for long term stays and a little closer attention payed to maintenance and housekeeping. Overall though another nice experience at this resort!

• Stayed August 2013
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy all the amenities of our resort. I am glad to hear our team was able to respond to your housekeeping concern and I will be following up with our accommodations and housekeeping team about your experience.

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had a one bedroom, full kichen, dining area, living room, complete with separate bathroom with jacozzi and a private balcony overlooking the rolling golf course. Both the bedroom and the living area have a TV with surround sound and the overall decor was rich in taste. All this for $200 a night. during the night it was very quiet without all the noise that you typically hear at other resorts or hotels.
As picky as we are we were extremely satisfied!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you had a very relaxing stay.