“Great stop over”

Predator Ridge Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 13 August 2014

While we only were there for a night - it was a great experience. The staff were very helpful, the accommodations were great, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was quite nice in our suite. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites were very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
rod_j_cochrane_, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear C C,

Thank you for your review!

I'm happy to read you enjoyed your Predator Ridge experience.

We're looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

General Manager, Resort

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Thank you so much for the great stay. We ran into some troubles regarding our pet, and because of miscommunication it was a bumpy start, but management did the best they could in a calm and well mannered way to help us enjoy our holiday. They were professional and courteous and overall, a perfect stay. Holidays are always adventurous and Predator Ridge resort helped us return home with thankful hearts. Keep up the great customer service. Your front desk staff were also friendly and smiling continuously. What a great team! We will be back. Thank you again.

• Stayed: August 2014
rod_j_cochrane_, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Bonnie,

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your experience.

I will be sure to share your positive experience with our team.
We genuinely value your feedback, and hope to see you again in the near future!

Rod Cochrane,
General Manager, Resort

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a weekend at Predator Ridge as a surprise anniversary getaway and am left feeling disappointed by our stay.
When we arrived on Friday night, the power at the resort was out. At first we just had to laugh at our luck and really had no intention of making a fuss about it, these things happen. However, I quickly became very unimpressed with how the staff handled it. We walked up to the front desk to check in and were offered absolutely no information about the outage or how it might affect our stay. After we got all our luggage to our room in three trips (one of us had to stay to open the door and we were offered no assistance) we decided to have a glass of wine and wait it out (Thank God I brought us some as they weren't offering anything at this point). First wine glass I grab off the shelf had a lipstick stain that was even noticeable by candle light. Unacceptable. I hand washed the other glasses as they were all spotted and dusty - mind blowing for such a nice resort!
We couldn't get a key to get in to our door, so had to leave one at a time to keep checking if one was available after the power was restored, we ended up not getting one until morning and when we asked if any restaurants or the bar would at least open we were given a number for pizza delivery. Essentially, we were deprived an entire night of resort facilities, which did not reopen once the power came back on. No mention of any effort to compensate guests for this misfortune.
Not exactly how I imagined our first anniversary night and meal at the resort. Again we tried to make do and once the power came back on and we were informed nothing would reopen, we got into out pj's to watch tv in bed. Soon discovered that we had no sound as the wires weren't connected properly. By this point if I hadn't driven so far to be there, I'd have left. Unbelievable. We went to call the front desk for assistance and realized the phones weren't working either. Not wanting to change just to trek downstairs again, my husband spent 20 minutes rewiring the surround.
The next morning we went for breakfast at the Range restaurant. . The waitress we had was very unfriendly and borderline rude the entire meal. This was about 10 am on Saturday. Here we also learned from some very loud staff chatter that all of the staff had gone out partying after the power outage, no wonder they couldn't reopen anything after power was restored.
I'm happy to say that this finally was our last really negative experience.
We hiked the trails, spent the rest of the day by the pool (MUCH smaller than pictures, consistently full of kids but that didn't bother us). Also, the info book says the pool is open until 11 but it's apparently 10. Later we went to the lounge in the Range restaurant which was fantastic. Great food, awesome staff (there were two female bartenders also serving that were just awesome). When we booked we were told in our booking that the restaurant was only open from 5-7 but it was open that whole day so no idea what that was about. Also, the way it's written in the information book it seems like the range and the lounge are different places but it's really just one with two menus, also states incorrect hours of operation in the info book so be sure to ask).
All in all, beautiful location with the facilities to be world class but completely lacking in customer service. There were just far too many things that made our overall stay feel like a rip-off. Not worth the hefty price tag if this is what is to be expected. I'd have booked a Best Western if I had wanted this complete lack of attention to detail and customer care.
Also, don't expect anything extra for special stays. I'd have resorts go to much greater lengths in the past, which should be expected at this level.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugBC6
rod_j_cochrane_, Director of Sales at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jenno,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to read your experience was such a disappointment.
I would like to discuss the details surrounding our power outage, and our response, in more detail.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warm regards,
Ingrid Dilschneider
Director of Business Development
ingrid@predatorridge.com

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Good gym. Big room. Full kitchen Lovely views. Affordable restaurant. Very out of the way. Kind of a monoculture in the resort. I did. It feel comfortable staying here the way I was treated by staff and stared at by other visitors. I guess I don't fit the mold of the typical patron.

Room Tip: Ask for facing back and high. Otherwise you're facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanps3
rod_j_cochrane_, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Vanps3,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience. Thank you for enjoying your comfortable room and utilizing our fitness center and restaurant.

I'm sorry to read you felt uncomfortable at times. It is always our intention to make all our guests feel welcome.

I wish you happy travels and hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a beautiful golf resort. Have stayed previously and enjoyed myself.

This time I booked it (months in advance) for our 30th Wedding Anniversary (yes I let them know). We drove up from Vancouver and arrived 50 minutes before the 4 pm checkin. The response from the girl at the front desk as not welcoming "you realize checkin is 4 pm and that's 50 minutes from now. Please come back. No rooms are available." Okay, so we walked around for 50 minutes and came back to a different girl at the front desk that was a delight (Nikki) that got us checked in and booked a spa session up the hill at Sparkling Hills. What a difference from our first greeting where we felt sorry for inconveniencing her.

We were given room 126 which is a ground floor room next to the staff entrance/exit door and steel door entry for the 1st floor. Horrible. Slamming steel doors all day, night and morning. Our windows open to guests entering and leaving the lobby. Otherwise it was a nice view of the parking lot. Not pleasant. Not much sleep.

Upon checkout we got hit with the additional $18/night resort fee (who gets this???) which made our two night anniversary stay about $500 for a studio room. That added a bit of a goodbye sting to a mediocre stay. Apparently this extra fee (not a tax as that too is added) is noted somewhere (where?) on the booking site. I guess guests like extra, mandatory fees on top of their booking rate?

Not sure I'd stay again - certainly not for a special occasion and not for a room location like we had this time.

Room Tip: Stay away from 1st floor room near the lobby. You won't get much sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaidbackTravelers
rod_j_cochrane_, Director of Business Development at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear LaidBack,

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry to hear of the challenges with your stay.

Customer service is our top priority, and I’m disappointed to read this was not your experience at arrival.
Upon your return to front desk, I’m happy Nikki was able to assist you with your check in and make you feel welcome.
I will follow up with our front desk team.

When booking online, our resort fee is mentioned along with the taxes.
It is also mentioned in the confirmation letter you receive via Email upon booking.
Our resort fee should also be mentioned at check-in.

Regarding your noisy room; this is unacceptable.
You chose Predator Ridge as the getaway spot for your special weekend, and I’m sorry to read it was anything short or relaxing and enjoyable.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this in more detail.

Kind Regards,

Ingrid Dilschneider
Director of Business Development
Predator Ridge Resort
Ingrid@predatorridge.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband, dog and I stayed at Predator Ridge for two nights in a Falcon Point cottage, and we loved it. The cabin was spacious, clean and beautiful. Staff were very helpful. The view from our cottage was amazing. We were also steps from one of the hiking trails around Predator Ridge, which was great. The evenings were very quiet and peaceful. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
rod_j_cochrane_, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Lauren B,

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm very pleased to read you, your husband and furry friend enjoyed your Predator Ridge experience.
It sounds like you took the time to truly enjoy the views, hiking trails and comfortable cottage.

I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped in one of the lodges not in the actual hotel. The rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard, the air conditioning was amazing and the facilities inside were plentiful and well kept. The two balconies were luxurious and the whole lodge was very comfortable. My only qualm is that the pool was often dirty due to leave and blossom, yet I never saw a pool cleaner. I also don't understand the 10pm closing time in mid june, especially being as its practically still light and it would have been very relaxing to bathe in the hot tub in the dark. It is not extremely close to any lodges and noise would be negligible so I don't understand this rule at all. The addition of the poolside BBQ's however was very nice. Overall a great stay and any issues I had were outweighed by the stunning location. The reputation this place has is well earned.

Room Tip: Chose a lodge close to the car park, there is a caddy service but its nice to be close to any forgot...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Todd_jc,

Thank you very much for your review.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your great Predator Ridge experience!
I'm happy to read you found your room luxurious and comfortable.

Our pool cleaners clean our pool regularly at 5:30am, so are typically not visible to guests.
Leaves in the pool can be difficult to control at times, and I can assure you we do regular cleanings in an attempt to maintain the leaves.

We close our pool at 10pm in respect of our resort-wide quiet policy, which starts every evening at 10pm.

Thank you for sharing your experience- we hope to welcome you again in the near future.