“DEVINE!”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my second time at Sparkling Hills and I have to say this time it was better then the first. We had gone there for a staff Christmas party for 2 nights. Its relaxing and the staff are amazing. A special thanks to Dominik the restaurant manager he was always checking on us to make sure we were all taken care off. The spas are amazing I had my first facial and WOW! I would recomend this to anybody for any occasion.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Nicole,

Thank you so much for your terrific review! I am so pleased and excited that your second visit with us was better than your first. It is also wonderful that your company decided to have their staff Christmas party with us, what a great choice.

Thank you for noting how amazing the staff are, especially Dominik. He will be thrilled that you mentioned him by name and we are fortunate to have such dedicated team members. It is exciting that you had your first facial with us and absolutely loved it! This is the feedback we receive quite frequently from our facials!

Thank you so much again and we look forward to your return!

Best Regards,

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,928)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The wife and I stayed here over the last 3 days (two nights) . Beautiful resort. Rooms are totally unique, the steam rooms and saunas are awesome. The staff however could use a makeover. 3 star staff pretty much Holiday Inn level... Nothing over the top which you would expect at a resort of this calibre. We found blood on the bed spread and told the lady at the front desk as we were leaving. She told us we should have called house keeping. No a professional response in our opinion. If this place got their staff some 5 star training it could be world class... until then, its just another nice spa.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful that you came to spend 2 beautiful nights with us at Sparkling Hill! I am so pleased that you found our rooms to be unique and were able to enjoy the steams and saunas. I am surprised, that you found the staff to be mediocre as this is not the usual feedback we receive from our guests. I apologize that you found blood on the bed spread and that the front desk was unable to provide you with an adequate response, this is certainly not our norm. We appreciate any feedback and are continuously working on improving our service level.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hello all, I have taken 3 Richmond to Vernon road trips for 4 nights per trip, luxuriating at Sparkling Hill this year. A returning guest is a favourite guest here and I felt valued, with each visit better than the last. My husband agreed to try spa vacation rather than Vegas. He was pleased he did and I know he will always appreciate a turkish bath as a present. He still refuses to try a facial, in spite of fab staff that referred to this treatment as a must for a "facegasm."

Fine dining was generous and artfully presented. We were spoiled with amuse bouche(sp) before first course...ie lobster foam with ahi sashimi or deconstructed egg salad. Each meal ended with 4 handmade truffles. Favourite meal black cod followed by sorrel ice cream for desert. Breakfast included lox and heavy wholesome bread. I had to have the muesli and fresh berries too. Husband put on 9 lbs inspite of daily gym.

On a serious note, we were gobsmacked to learn that Canada's largest spa had chosen to eliminate RMT care. Care by a Naturopath, Psychiatrist and or Kinesiologist remain available, yet the commonly used Registered Massage Therapist had their health promotion role cut November 15, 2013. Between history of herniated disc and thoracic outlet syndrome my husband and I now have to choose alternate spas in Whistler or Parksville rather than at this great Hotel.
It was awkward and sad to have a massage from RMT's on their last days of work at Sparkling Hill.
I need qualified care for injury repair and benefit options. I await reversal of this business decision
so my health care team mates can get RMT care during our retreats.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank teresita c
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Sparkling Hill. I am so pleased to hear that you felt valued coming back for your 3rd visit, we greatly appreciate your continued support. Most men are a bit hesitant to try a facial but when they do they end up loving it so I hope your husband tries one next time!

I am so pleased that you found your dinner to be generous and artfully presented, the black cod is most certainly very popular among our guests and I am glad you also enjoyed it!

Thank you for questioning why we no longer have Registered Massage Therapists at our KurSpa. Sparkling Hill’s long term vision is to be a destination wellness hotel, this means that guests come and stay with us for 1 or 2 weeks to truly experience a healthy relief from their symptoms or issues. Guests will be introduce to our Naturopathic doctor who will then recommend the most valuable treatments based on each guests personal history. This may include 1 or 2 relaxation massages but not therapeutic massages as we do have over 100 different unique treatments which are just as, if not even more, beneficial. The doctor will recommend which treatments will be most beneficial for each guests’ health and wellness. Please do not misunderstand me, RMT’s do fantastic work especially (in my opinion) if it is done by one specific RMT, since that RMT knows exactly what area they worked on last and will monitor its process. If one goes to another RMT, they may worsen the condition rather than help it as all of the work the specific RMT had done may be undone. I am confident that our doctor can suggest treatments for you that will be just as beneficial, if not more, for your specific history. We want all of our guests to leave Sparkling Hill feeling rested, rejuvenated and renewed!

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We loved every minute of it and can't wait to come back. We had 12 family members from all points BC. The food was wonderful, especially the breakfast. The rooms were beautiful, had the superior queens facing Okanagan Lake. Maybe a little warm,. The service was impeccable. Thank you Carolina and Elaina at the check in desk, we had some confusion with rooms, due to so many of us checking in as family, but not to worry, you were wonderful. The saunas, pools and spa treaatments were relaxing and amazing. My 70 year old Aunt, who is from Lake Country, enjoyed every aspect of our Surprise Birthday Celebration!!!

Room Tip: My cousin shared a corner suite, which was amazing. The Lakeview rooms were beautiful, just not alot...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim R
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Kim,

Happy belated birthday to your 70 year old Aunt! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is so rewarding to hear that you found the service to be impeccable, this is something that we have been continuously working on. I am so glad that you found the food to be wonderful, our Food and Beverage department will be thrilled to hear this. I am also delighted that you were able to experience some of our unique spa treatments and found them to be relaxing, you are right, our steams and saunas and pools really are amazing! Thank you so much for specifically mentioning Carolina and Elaina, we are very fortunate to have such dedicated and passionate team members.

Thank you again and we greatly look forward to welcoming you all back as return guests!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have been to this resort a number of times! Amazing resort & rooms and the complimentary saunas and spas that come with your room stay are a great bonus. The breakfast which is also included in their specials is worth the stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craigt319

Dear Craig,

Thank you very much for your review and for your continued support. I am so pleased that you found your visit with us to be spectacular! All of the complimentary amenities that come with your stay really are an amazing bonus, the steams and saunas, pools, tea and serenity room are so unique. It is wonderful that you enjoyed the breakfast so much as well, it is included in all of our rates!

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Our stay was memorable!!!
From the warm welcome upon arrival, the room, to the delicious meals, and the KurSpa. The KurSpa was so relaxing and enjoyable - the saunas, the massages, facial etc. Our weekend was made special with special thank you to Josef and entire Sparkling Hill Resort staff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy B
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Tammy,

Happy Belated Anniversary! Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback regarding your most recent visit. I am so pleased to hear that your stay was memorable as this is how we want every guests visit to be. It is also wonderful that you took advantage of some of our excellent treatments such as massages and our popular facials.

Thank you so much for specifically mentioning Josef, he will be thrilled. We are very lucky to have such dedicated team members.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I went to Sparkling Hill with my boyfriend in November 2013. We were so impressed with everything! We had heard amazing things about it, but nothing prepared us for how lovely it was. The room was amazing. Beautiful views! i've lived in the Okanagan for almost 20 years and I was still in awe of the views. The tub was incredible. I wish we could have stayed more than 1 night! The steam rooms and pool were so wonderful. When we were finished, we noticed our slippers and housecoats (with our room key in it) had been taken by other guests. We found a man who worked there (I think he was a janitor or handyman) and he was more than willing to get us new housecoats and slippers, then took us to the front desk to get us a new room key, all while greatly apologizing! The service was really top notch. I've never been somewhere so fancy, it was absolutely wonderful to be treated so well. Dinner was pretty good, but breakfast was AMAZING. everything at the buffet was hot and delicious, with so many options. The valet was so nice too. We were absolutely blown away by our experience. We will be definitley keeping our eyes open for deals, and can hopefully stay longer one day!!

Room Tip: Although the lake view rooms would be amazing, we stayed in a corner room, so there was 2 walls of w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kaleigh,

Thank you very much for your review. It is so wonderful to hear that you and your boyfriend were impressed with everything that we have to offer. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy all of the complimentary amenities that are included in your visit such as the steams and saunas and pools! I am very sorry to hear that someone accidentally took your robes and slippers but am glad that one of our maintenance team members was able to assist you and provide you with new ones from the front desk. We are very pleased to hear this! Thank you also for mentioning how top notch the service was, this is something that we have been working on.

It is also great that you were able to enjoy dinner with us as well as the complimentary breakfast, it really is amazing with a wide variety of choices!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for at least a 2 night stay!

Warm Regards,