We went for my birthday this weekend and we had an amazing time. The rooms were great, comfortable, room service was very fast, dinner and breakfast were incredible, (lunch menu is a bit odd and not amazing) the spa was great, lots of awesome naps in the serenity room.
BOOK YOUR SPA SERVICES VERY EARLY
A few things I noted that were odd.
- house keeping didn't replenish the minibar or clean the glassware.
- There is no where to get cash to tip people for helping you with your bags etc.
- you HAD to check out at 11 am, there was no such thing as a late checkout. I know sometimes you can't get one because they generally are offered on a first come first serve basis but I was told that they simply do not do them. This made our moring rushed because you couldn't use the spa if you aren't checked in and we had the cold sauna at 9:30 and facials at 10:45. When we got to the lobby we had to litterally drop our bags in the front lobby on a cart and leave them there because there was a line of about 30 people all checking out at once and the lovely guys that help you with your bags were super busy. Logistically this just doesn't make sense to us. Had we been able to move the checkout time our last day would have been far more relaxing. Even had we had the option to pay for a late check out we would have. Realistically when spending $4000 in two days (a gift certificate for a friends wedding gift was also purchased) I would expect to be given a late checkout without argument.
- There is nothing to grab to eat and room service is done at 10 and nothing at all available to eat after that. It would be nice if the cafe had some wraps or something you could get and bring with you if you wanted to go for a walk or something.
- Service was fantasticw ith the exception of one lady in the coffee shop on our last day.
All that being said it was an amazing time and we would definetly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 3.5 million crystals infused within this modern oasis – a most remarkable hotel and wellness centre with European-inspired design elegance. Nestled in the mountains near Vernon, BC, and overlooking Lake Okanagan, your personal journey to whole body health and wellness begins at our standout among British Columbia resorts. Wellness Packages at KurSpa Sparkling Hill’s reputation as an internationally-renowned wellness center and health retreat is unparalleled. What better way to spark your journey towards a new you than our Wellness Packages, providing savings on spa and wellness treatments at KurSpa. Learn more about our Weeklong Wellness Packages. Also be sure to explore our fitness classes and meditation workshops to promote well-being in mind, body and spirit. KurSpa: A Holistic Health Spa The heart of our Lake Okanagan resort is KurSpa, our 40,000 square foot European-inspired spa, clinic, and wellness center. It is the largest spa in Canada and shines brightly as a worldwide wellness destination. Relax, renew, and revitalize at KurSpa's seven unique aromatherapy, steam, and sauna rooms. Swim in Kurspa's serenity pool featuring underwater music and a Swarovski crystal night sky. Choose from over 100 transformative spa treatments and therapies to detoxify the body and promote optimum health. Consult with our professional team including our naturopathic physician, psychiatrist, massage providers and kinesiologists and view their renowned clinic services. Enhance your relationships with the help of our SHaRP program, which can range from romantic to work relationships. Schedule yourself a mini silent retreat in our Serenity Room. Or, experience the first European Cryo Cold Chamber (-110°C) in North America, our signature KurSpa treatment. Our Luxurious British Columbia Resort Take in the stunning beauty of the Okanagan Valley from our BC resort’s luxury guest rooms and penthouses, which feature sweeping lake and mountain views and operable floor to ceiling glass window walls that can be opened to instantly transform your room into an outdoor oasis. Swarovski crystals illuminate fireplaces, fixtures and ceilings, lending a luminous and luxurious ambience to every space. Fresh Fine Dining Sparkling Hill Resort is also home to the best fine dining destinations in Vernon, BC. PeakFine, our signature restaurant, serves a menu emphasizing the freshest and finest ingredients the Okanagan Valley has to offer. Known as the "Napa of the North" the region's spectacular wines are on offer at PeakFine and Barrique & Java, our more casual wine, tapas, and coffee bar. Stunning Swarovski crystal chandeliers and accents imbue our dining spaces with glamour and elegance, and those seeking an elegantly rustic setting for private dining or special events will find it in Gernots. Discover Sparkling Hill Recognized as a trendsetter in healthy living and wellness hospitality, our Okanagan Lake resort is a distinctive destination for the modern sophisticated traveler. Whether planning a couple's escape, corporate wellness retreat, or incentive travel, our British Columbia resort delivers an unforgettable blend of relaxation, restoration, and wellness. Please explore our website; we look forward to welcoming you to Sparkling Hill Resort on your personal journey to whole body health and wellness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sparkling Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sparkling Hill Hotel Vernon