“Sparkling Hill really shines”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Vancouver, Canada
“Sparkling Hill really shines”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We headed up for our first anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we felt well taken-care of. Check-in was friendly and fast, and the valet swooped in and parked out vehicle immediately.

The room, and the view, were utterly gorgeous. Ice was delivered immediately upon request, and the check-in call was a nice touch.

The spa facilities are refreshing, relaxing and well-maintained. We tried the ice sauna- And at -110 degrees, it was quite the thrill!

Breakfast was hot, plentiful and satisfying.. The pork belly- Oh my! We had supper at PeakFine on Sunday night, and it was amazing. The schnitzel was light and well-crisped, and the lamb loin was utterly buttery. Well worth the price.

The only bum note was of my own doing- I managed to break a wine glass and a decorative bowl. When I went to the desk and mentioned it, they immediately sent housekeeping in to take care of the mess, and assured us that these things happen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Anna,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Congratulations on your first anniversary! What a special occasion! It is so rewarding for us to hear that you felt taken care of the moment you arrived, this is how we want all of our guests to feel. I am so excited to hear that you tried the -110C Cold Sauna, what a truly unique experience!

I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and dinner as well! I will gladly pass your kind compliments onto our Executive Chef regarding how delicious the meals were.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went to Sparkling Hill Resort on the recommendations and comments from friends and family that have stayed here. We are local so thought it would be nice to stay at one of the Okanagan's finest resorts and see what all the hype was about. We found an off-season deal and decided to head there with friends for a night. Our deal included the night's stay, dinner, breakfast, parking, wifi and access to the free spas (access to the free spas is included with everyone's stay).

For the most part the resort lived up to the hype, however, I definitely wouldn't pay full price to stay here. It was very nice and luxurious but it is a significant drive to other amenities and attractions. If you don't have an issue sticking close to the hotel and spending your hard earned dollars on the expensive facilities at Sparkling Hills, then this would be the place for you.

As far as the rooms go, DO NOT pay for an upgraded room. The friends that we went with paid extra for an upgraded room and it did not appear any larger or have any better view than ours. They were a floor above ours but on the same side (not the lake view side).

Shortly after we arrived we wanted to check out the free spas (this includes 7 steam/saunas, an indoor/outdoor pool and hot-tub). Unfortunately, there weren't any robes in our room. We went to the front desk to request two be brought to our room. We waited about 10 minutes and no robes arrived. We went to the spa anyway and we never did receive robes the whole time we were there.

The dinner we had was nothing special either, a little bland for being an upscale dining venue. If we ever decide to stay here again we would only get the night's stay deal and take the 20-25 min drive into Vernon and find a better restaurant to eat at. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from staying here but I do feel the resort is a little expensive for what you get and the service was no better than some of the other larger hotels in the Okanagan. Although, the free spas were nice!

Room Tip: Don't pay for the upgraded rooms unless you absolutely need to see the lake. The mountain views...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear that you and your friends had a good stay with us. We are a destination wellness resort and you are absolutely right that it is a significant drive to other amenities outside of the hotel, majority of our guests come and spend their entire stay within the hotel since they receive complimentary access to our 40,000 sq. ft. KurSpa and book additional treatments as well. Almost all of the rooms at Sparkling Hill are the same so regardless of which floor level or view you have the layout and amenities are identical. Some guests prefer to be on the top floor but you are right the view between the second and third floor are almost identical.

I truly apologize that you never received robes the whole time you were with us, I will certainly pass this valuable feedback onto our Housekeeping Manager to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I hosted a four day workshop event at the resort in March this year, we had students from all corners of the World staying at the Resort. Everyone enjoyed their stay so much I am going to host two more events in Nov. this year.
The staff was very helpful with the workshop venue set-up, the variety of food offered at our lunches, and of course the spa facilities and pool areas are most relaxing and enjoyable after a long day with the seminars.
Truly looking forward to further stays at the SHR.

Room Tip: The lake-view rooms are highly recommended just for the beautiful vista.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear that you and all of your workshop attendees had such an excellent time with us and will be returning in November of this year!

It is great that you and all of your team members enjoyed all of the food that was provided and even had a little time to enjoy all of the spa amenities. I can imagine how relaxing that must have been after having spent majority of the day in the seminars!

Thank you so much again and we truly look forward to welcoming you and your next workshop back in November!

PG, BC
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is amazing. There are Swarovski crystals everywhere...the chandeliers, the reception counters, the restaurant chair backs, the hand railings. Once in your room there are more crystals with a large panel that sparkles outside your bathroom and acts as a nightlight. There is a spectacular display case in the bedroom that houses a large crystal formation which starts to glow red at night with the sunset and continues to grow redder until it's ablaze. Watch it and the sunset from bed!
The hotel is heavily into the spa experience and all its rooms reflect this. There are approx. 4 different steam rooms and 3 different saunas plus a cold room with ice to cool off between sessions, all included in the price of the rooms. Our room had a beautiful glass shower, overlooking the lake and a tub which sat up against the window overlooking the panoramic vistas.

We were there earlier in the day for the Mother's Day Brunch and came back later for an overnight stay. The only weak link we found was their more casual restaurant's limited menu.

The hotel's setting, many trails and proximity to the Predator Ridge Golf Course along with its amazing interior make this hotel a "must stay"!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am delighted to hear that you attended our delicious Mother’s Day Brunch and then came back to stay the night! We are the only public building in the world that has Swarovski crystals in it, there are over 3.5 million throughout the whole hotel, and that does not include the small crystals like on the back of the chairs that you mention! We feel very fortunate to be in such a spectacular natural setting.

We are a destination wellness hotel so our KurSpa is the heart of the hotel! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the steams and saunas and hopefully the pools too! Majority of our rooms are identical so all have the two person soaker tub and beautiful glass shower no matter which room you are in!

Thank you so much again for your wowing review and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just had to write something about this beautiful resort. 4 of us (all mom's) went to this resort over Mother's Day and had an amazing time. We've all known each other for over 30 years and decided it was time we got away and reconnected with each other. This was the perfect spot for that. We enjoyed all the sauna's, the pools and the food. We were warned that there was a 'European hour' which was fine with us, and really, there weren't all that many people participating anyway. It was extremely relaxing the whole time we were there (3 days). The room we shared had 2 queen beds, and a beautiful view of Okanagan Lake. The room seemed to be really for only 2 people since it was fairly open, with the toilet having the only room with a door and only 2 hooks for robes and zero hooks for drying towels on. This is a resort full of several varieties of saunas, and it is expected that people will be walking around with robes and towels to and from the spa portion of the hotel, so it was mildly disappointing to not get a dry/new towel and robe before the evening jaunt to the sauna's and pools. And a bit surprising to have robes with holes in them around the pockets.
The rooms were all neat and clean, and the whole place just sparkled with crystals hanging from the ceiling, covering walls, and even embedded in the backs of chairs. And on a sunny day, they were breathtaking.
A few mistakes were made by staff when ordering room service, but was quickly rectified when calling again. Other than that, the staff were extremely cheery, helpful and very well mannered.
We ate at dinner there as well, and it was extremely delicious! There was a dress code, and we were worried about our open-toed shoes, but no one said a word. Through the dinner we noticed there was even someone wearing jeans, so I guess the dress code isn't enforce very well.
All in all, we all felt very relaxed and didn't want to leave. Can't wait to try it with my husband one day.

Room Tip: I can't image a bad room in this place, but I suggest getting one with a lake view. Also, the su...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cris_Mac02052014
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Cris,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you took the time to provide us with your feedback of your Mother’s Day getaway with your 4 friends. It is most excellent that all of you enjoyed the saunas, pools and the food and found your time with us to be extremely relaxing. This is how we want all of our guests to feel! All of our rooms are the same and do have an open layout with a beautiful view of course and it is mainly set up for 2 guests though we are always happy to accommodate more. We do have a new order of robes coming in and they should be here the last week of May.

I apologize for the mistakes that were made by staff when ordering room service but am delighted to hear that they were quickly rectified, all guest experiences allow us to learn and improve so we appreciate you sharing this with us.

Thank you so much again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing visit with your friends or husband!

Alberta
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was surprised with a weekend excursion to this Spa and was so totally impressed with all the wonderful and amazing staff just for starters! I was treated so special as soon as I walked through the front door by great front desk employees. Taken to my room and was again impressed. Beautifully done and caters to total relaxation and takes into consideration your wants and needs for that little extras. Meals were filling and perfectly done, not wanting for anything more and just pleasantly full ,not over-stuffed. The spa offers all that you could want and need for the total me weekend get-away. Again....the staff was amazing! I really can't emphasize how friendly everyone was. Loved that they weren't't pushing their products,more concerned with my treatment and me. Pools and steam rooms were again a pleasant surprise. Nothing left to want as all was offered. I would definitely return again and again. I highly recommend this Spa for all to experience a total relaxing pampering time. By the way did I mention the wonderful staff....lol...I give great credit to an amazing General Manager of such an amazingly run hotel...Thank you Hans-Peter....for a wonderful weekend....can't wait till next time!

Room Tip: We overlooked the Lake and the view was take your breath away....so beautiful but all around was so...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shouldabeen
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your most recent stay. What an absolutely fantastic surprise weekend excursion! Thank you so much for mentioning how wonderful all of the staff are, we are very fortunate to have such passionate and dedicated team members who strive to make very guests stay memorable and unique! I am so delighted that you were able to experience all of the different areas of the hotel including the beautiful KurSpa and delicious PeakFine restaurant! We are very fortunate to have such an excellent and supportive General Manager.

Thank you again and we also cannot wait until next time!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just got back from a girls weekend, Thurs-Saturaday. We booked only 4 days ahead, Spa services were very booked up. We did manage to get squeezed in for Facials, but really wanted massages and some wrap treatments, but apparently needs to be booked way in advance. Personally, I think they should have more part time staff to accommodate during peak times, considering the huge expansive spa this place has. Room after room after room...Very impressive. The Rose sauna and the Salt sauna were personal faves... The Serenity room was the best room in the house, considering the views and its use.

Personal Shout-out to Justin, who almost had me sold on the -110 Ice Lab...I will try it when I go back, just have to work up the courage for this innovate treatment. People were commenting on what a great experience it was.

The Food, I had heard was hit and miss. Went for a late night dinner (9pm last seating). Can I just say, my dinner was EXCELLENT. I could not have asked for better. It was shirmp lemon risotto, that tasted like heaven, followed by raspberry chocolate bar for dessert. I rate it an eleven, for sure.

The rooms, simply put...Spectacular. (I think they are couple only rooms tho) I could be wrong.

My only complaint, was the gift shop. Considering this is a Swaroski Resort, I just thought they would have more inventory...alot more inventory...not even single crystals can be purchased...Shop girl was very easy to deal with and professional.

An excellent spa getaway for couples...Not a family-type place in my opinion...especially with European hour in the Spa during late evening. I would not hesitate to book again...

Room Tip: The late night Java bar, is NOT the Bar!! it's one more level down. The mountain View, is recom...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am so pleased that you had such a great time on your girls’ weekend. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be spectacular, they are beautiful and so is the view! You are right, our spa services do get booked up quickly and we do suggest to book at least 2 weeks in advance. It is wonderful that the spa was able to still provide you with some treatments. We are currently working on hiring more staff for the summer season. The Rose and Salt Sauna’s are very popular and I am glad that you enjoyed them so much!

Thank you for specifically mentioning Justin, he will be thrilled you mentioned him by name and I also highly recommend trying the -110C Cold Sauna when you return!

I am very happy to hear that you found your dinner to be excellent! Our Chef’s will be excited to hear this as well.

I am, however, sorry that you felt disappointed with our Gift Shop, we try to carry a variety of inventories so there may be something special for every guest.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your review and I greatly look forward to welcoming as a return guest!

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon
Prestige Hotel Vernon
#5 of 20 in Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon
The Castle at Swan Lake

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!