“RELAX AND DESTRESS”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This luxury and very private resort is a great place to unwind from daily life, stress or you just want to relax.
Amazing views from your room, you must get a lake view!
Room rates are very good value. The staff very pleasant and accommodating. The health spa has 4 steam rooms and 3 saunas plus indoor out door pool and a large spa pool, a modern and fully equiped gym and an amazing ice spa, which you must do!, minus 110 degrees for 3 minutes, sure shakes your body.
Have your own private massage or relax in the quiet medatation rooms. The food is great.
Lots of out door tracks and hikes and Predator resort golf course right near by.

Room Tip: Book a Lake view misddle or third floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichardNewman
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for your excellent review! It is wonderful to hear what a great time you had with us, we hope all of our guests are able to unwind from their daily life, stress and are able to simply relax at Sparkling Hill! I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be very pleasant and accommodating, we feel very fortunate to have such dedicated team members.

Our signature treatment is our -110C Cold Sauna which you are absolutely right everyone must do! It is the first in North America and can be extremely beneficial for a lot of different guest issues such as arthritis and inflammation, with the proper amount of treatments one can be pain free for up to 6-9 months! It is wonderful that you were able to try the food and found it to be great, I will gladly pass this feedback onto our Food & Beverage team.

Thank you so much once more and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have visited Sparkling Hill on two occasions and loved each stay. The rooms are beautifully designed with incredible views and the saunas are fantastic. The morning breakfast buffet was well-stocked each time and a great start to the day. Our only complaint was the food at the restaurant which we found to be decent but felt did not warrant the price. However, I feel it's only fair to say that we have had numerous friends rave about the dishes they ate there, though this was not our experience. If you're looking for a romantic getaway, this is a great pick!

• Stayed: January 2014
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you and your boyfriend loved both of your stays and greatly enjoyed the beautiful design of the rooms and the incredible views. Our Steams and Saunas are very unique and I am delighted to hear that you find them to be fantastic.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your food in our PeakFine Restaurant, our Executive Chef tries to create a taste that everyone enjoys which is sometimes difficult to do as everyone has different preferences. Please know that it is our standard that if a guest does not enjoy their dish and advises their server that they can replace it with another dish of their choice, we want every guest to enjoy their dining experience!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I heard many great reviews of this resort and I will say everything was great, except the spa treatment I paid over almost $150.00 for. I'm five months pregnant and really, really wanted to get a great prenatal massage since they offer it. Booked a month in advance and maybe put my expectations too high but have had way better spa service at a cheaper price. A lady came out, didn't introduce herself, didn't give me any papers to signs (I have always had to fill something out), didn't ask me if I was having any problems with anything, didn't even smile but did ask me why I was in a room for the couples massage and there was only one of me getting a massage?!!? Ask your boss, this isn’t my problem. So now, I'm far from relaxed. Then told me lie FACE DOWN in this contraption that had holes in it for my growing baby body. I took one look at it and said I'd rather be on my side. Nope, I was going face down because everyone else does it at my stage of pregnancy. I said I would try it but my lower back was already aching. She said again, you'll be fine and again I said I will try it. So, sure enough about 15 min into it, my lower back was hurting even more and I told her, I needed to move. I told her I would really love my lower back and feet worked on. I spent the next 10 min flipping around from side to side as she finished with my legs. This is uncomfortable for a pregnant woman!! Not a peep from her except "turn" do this, do this that. I got about 2 minutes on each foot and nothing on my lower back. I waited a month for this.

We checked out immediately after, as this was the plan anyway, and the front desk lady asked me how my massage went. I told her it was terrible and explained it all to her. She was very sympathetic and said she would tell management.

Its been a month now and haven't heard peep from anyone.

I really have to say, all other staff we encountered where fabulous.

Sorry but I received a terrible spa treatment. I wouldn't complain if the resort had made it right. Staff are staff but when your guests complain, follow it up.

3  Thank Breakylover
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review and for bringing your spa experience to our attention. I truly apologize that you have not heard from anyone, we are investigating into this matter, there was clearly some miscommunication on our end which I am so sorry for. We want all of our guests to leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Our KurSpa Manager, Andrea Fisher, will personally be in contact with you to ensure your experience does not occur again, we will also be following up with the service provider. I truly apologize for this disappointing end to a relaxing stay and thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I really enjoy this resort. We live only a few miles away but find that it provides us with an amazing break from our schedule. The resort staff and design provides a place of refuge set in a stunningly beautiful setting. We have had waterfront view and mountain - both are beautiful. The rooms are uniquely laid out with some very cool features. This is our third visit and again the outstanding quality is the staff's approach to excellence and seemingly a genuine interest in making sure each guest has the best time possible. That is not so common in resorts today but Sparkling Hills achieves it with top marks. A buffet breakfast is included with the room rate and it is fairly good. We had a bad experience with a dinner on the last trip and quite frankly the menue does not really appeal to us so we took the complimentary shuttle to Predator Ridge Golf Club (3-4 minutes away) and had a great dinner. Others may be quite happy with the food at Sparkling Hills but reviews I have read suggest this is the area they most need to work on. The resort is owned by Europeans and I understand their original intent was to be a high-end refuge for Europeans but it seems to me that Canadian visitors are showing up as the primary guests. The menue at the restaurant in my opinion is more designed to appeal to the Europeans. One thing to keep in mind is that they do not have any shop for snacks like chips, nuts, pop (if you are more health conscious than me you don't eat such junk especially at a spa) but there is a lounge/cafe as well as the dining room. This place is wonderful - the saunas and steam rooms are so unique and left me feeling healthier and for sure more relaxed. The indoor pool and outdoor pools are beautiful. However on this visit we noticed that little things were being allowed to deteriorate. That is fine with a 2 or 3 star hotel but when you hold yourself out as one of the finest spas in the world you need to keep all facets of the experience in the top quartile. Our towels in the room were looking pretty tattered. We would not use them for our guests at home so not expecting that at this resort. They kindly supply slippers and bathrobes for guests to go to the spa/pools which is great but the robes too are getting very worn. I went to hang my robe up on a coat hook in the spa area and the hook went right through the material where it was so worn out. I love this place and in fact we are planning on going back in September. The only thing is we are seeing some indications that the resort is cutting back on the quality control and this is not a good sign for a resort wanting to establish itself in the high end market. The concept is great so I urge the GM to pay closer attention to those details of quality control. If it continues to worsen we will need to re-evaluate our interest in the place as there are so many wonderful resorts that hit all the high notes. Do experience this place though!

Room Tip: Water view is great if you can swing the extra cost but mountainside is beautiful too. Visit twice a...
1  Thank HolidayGuy
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated and passionate employees as part of our team, we truly appreciate you mentioning how outstanding they are! We are lucky!

I also appreciate you advising us of the areas that left you feeling disappointed. Our Executive Chef Marco Herbergs is working very hard at trying to find the right balance between European and Canadian meals, we are trying to provide different and unique options to the Okanagan Valley that you may not find anywhere else but it is also important that our guests have something that they wish to try on the menu.

I apologize that you were disappointed with our towels and robes, we have just received a new shipment of robes yesterday and will be receiving a new order of towels in June. Once all are washed we can start to bring them into circulation and replace any frayed ones. I am sorry that this effected your stay and can assure you we are working very hard to have our new order in our guest rooms as soon as possible.

It is our goal to attract visitors from anywhere for week long whole body wellness stays at Sparkling Hill. This is when our guests start to feel a true benefit from all of our different treatments and amenities and we can start to really form a relationship with them! It is very exciting for us to be attracting these week long stays now and majority of our guests are Canadians which we absolutely love!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back and enjoying our fresh new towels and robes!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Gorgeous, modern resort. The staff were always welcoming and very attentive. If you are looking for a fine dining experience this is the place. I didn't arrange any spa treatments for this trip as I was attending a conference. The facilities were very clean and I thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor pool with its gorgeous view of the lake.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the golf course, very serene.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Kitina,

Thank you very much for your review. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I would also like to thank you for mentioning how welcoming and attentive all of the staff were, this is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that even though you were attending a conference, you were able to enjoy the complimentary spa amenities such as the outdoor infinity pool overlooking Lake Okanagan! It is most excellent that you also enjoyed our PeakFine Restaurant so much!

Thank you for your review again and we look forward to welcoming you back and having you enjoy a spa treatment!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is certainly lovely if you like the open concept - wide spaces Scandinavian style decor. Comfortable beds - interesting crystal touches in the room. Great for couples - not as good for singles sharing as little privacy in bathroom areas. Staff attentive and yet also "aloof". Friendliest staff were the bell staff and in the spa area, Lunch restaurant excellent food and value - great waitstaff. Kurspa unique set of saunas and steam rooms but limited time availability - closed in the afternoons - so if late arrival and only staying one night limited access as you are also not allowed access once you check out at 11am. Overall though a good experience. the one thing I didn't like was we were 3 adults in a room and I had requested to be advised if there would be an extra charge for 3rd person several times - and received no reply - and no mention of it at check-in. when I checked out - that was the first time I received the notice of a third person charge. even though noted 3 people on res - we still had to call down after getting to the room for extra towels, bathrobe and slippers. Given the level of service they are trying to offer should have been taken care of in advance - as you need the slippers and robes for the spa access.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Coralie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I greatly appreciate you mentioning how friendly the staff were! It is also fantastic that you found the food and value to be excellent. Our Steam and Sauna hours try to accommodate all guests, we have them open from 9am – 11am for guests to enjoy prior to check out and then from 4pm – 10pm for guests to enjoy after check in. They are only able to run 8 hours a day since they do run 365 days a year and require daily maintenance. Normally during their closing time guests enjoy the pool area, tea room, Serenity room, funfit center or enjoy a relaxing treatment!

I would like to truly apologize that you did not have the amenities for 3 guests in your room prior to arrival, it is our standard to place all of the additional items (extra robe, slippers, additional body lotions etc) into the room prior to arrival. I am sorry that this did not happen, I will review this with our team to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Another FANTASTIC day and evening at Sparkling Hills. The SPA never dissapoints and our evening meal and morning breakfast were delicious. Lake view is great and I especially love the infinity pool and Hot tub

Room Tip: Always try to upgrade to a Lake view it is spectacular
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for your review and continued support of Sparkling Hill! I am so pleased to hear that you had another fantastic stay with us! It is wonderful that the spa never disappoints you and that your food and beverage experience was delicious! The infinity pool is very popular especially now with summer approaching!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!