The exterior looks like something from a slasher film. You know it's bad when the econolodge across the street looked more appealing. They say they are renovating and I hope they do something about the outside.
Check in was mediocre. Staff not that friendly or helpful when we complained the air conditioner was loud (could barlely even talk over it). They moved us into a room where the AC was broken and replaced with a fan.... After another trip to the desk, they finally moved us into an acceptable room.
The place is a rabbit's hole. A random corridors split off to a part hotel part apartment building. Our room was up some stairs, down a hall, up half a flight of stairs, through a set of fire stairs and then down another hall. This place is confusing and proably a fire hazard too since the fire map in the room is wrong, I know because there is no definately no third floor here. No elevator either for that matter.
The rooms are a whole new kind of small. I've staying in hotels in Asia that were more spacious. It would help if they didn't try to stuff such large furnitute into the room. The bathroom area felt as compact as an airplane. You can't even leave the bathroom door open as it blocks off the sink area completely. The renovation feels cheap and incomplete too, considering they never bothered replacing the crooked bathroom door or fixing the crooked light.
Wifi unusable. Keeps redirecting to in an infinate loop acording to my laptop and phone browsers. Ended up tethering off my phone.
The air conditioning was almost useless. Sweatted the whole night even with it on max. It's a window unit mounted to the wall at knee level. The cool air just blows down and not up into the room. Hallways and lobby virtually not air conditioned either.
The pool area was disgusting. Judging by the rusting pool furniture that was covered in water stains, I don't think they clean here very often either.
The one good thing about this hotel, is the Denny's that's attached to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from Silver Star Ski Resort and nearby Kalamalka and Okanagan Lakes, Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon features 86 newly renovated guest rooms, full kitchen and studio bedroom suites, and a business centre, making it the perfect choice for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Inn And Suites Vernon
- Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon Hotel Vernon
- Sandman Hotel Vernon