“Nice hotel but front desk staff not helpful...”

Prestige Hotel Vernon
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I've stayed in this hotel and there are things I really like about it - it's clean, the rooms are lovely, ,and the restaurant is great. I also enjoy the pool which is a good size for a hotel and very clean. My only negative is that both times I stayed there I found the front desk staff to be useless in helping me find where I needed to go - I had google maps but couldn't quite figure out the directions and both times I needed to get to smaller towns nearby - but the staff didn't know how to get there or rough driving times. I can understand that if it was for further distances, but they should at least know the surrounding communities. They also weren't very interested in doing any work to help me find out what i needed to know. However, I will stay there again because the rest of my experience has been so positive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

We appreciate your continued patronage and your feedback. We continually strive to ensure every guest has a superior experience when they stay with us. We will address your concerns in our training sessions to ensure that all our guests have the local information they need to enjoy our beautiful city and the Okanagan Valley.

There are newer reviews for Prestige Hotel Vernon

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I were very happy with our accommodations at The Prestige Hotel in Vernon. Our room was large and clean, and the beds very comfortable. We had a good nights sleep in the quiet rooms.

We enjoyed dinner there also at the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill. Great food and excellent service, and also had a good breakfast there. We used the complimentary vouchers given to us upon check-in. We noticed a small coffee bar located near the front desk which I thought was a great idea for those in a hurry to start their day.

We experienced excellent, friendly service from all employees. This was our first time there, but we were treated like we were long standing repeat customers.

I do have two suggestions. Another towel bar in the bathroom is needed. I realize it's been newly renovated so perhaps this is just a temporary over-site, and even though it's been newly renovated ongoing maintenance needs to be continued. We noticed the wallpaper was starting to loosen in places. This can be easily fixed and I hope that it does to keep it looking as great as it does now.

This is a place we will stay in again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliments and your concerns. Our Team is always striving to give every guest an experience that makes them feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vernon.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have stayed several times in this hotel, considering that was one of the best options in Vernon, but the last time I was there, and I mean last, I got a room that wasn't clean, with almost no furniture (coffe maker on the floor), with the closet doors falling. When I asked for a room change they said that the hotel was completely booked and I feel that they did not care. I explain about the room and it's conditions and they promised a voucher to compensate, but next day there was no voucher.

I have hear from other people about having same issue as well I this hotel, so if you stay there, ask for a newly renovated room or you can get a unplacent surprise.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SVCalgary
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

I apologize that your stay was below our normally high standards. Our whole team appreciates your feedback and we are addressing your concerns with housekeeping and guest service with due diligence. I will be sending you a private message in hopes of speaking directly. We are always striving to exceed our guests’ expectations and we take it very seriously when we have not done our job to our usual standards.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

...booked into several rooms while in town for a wedding. We were out and about for most of the time there, but were happy with our accomodations-- clean rooms, mini-fridge, and very comfortable beds. The breakfast vouchers (can be used for restaurant or bistro) were a nice touch, and we enjoyed full breakfasts both mornings in the Bourbon Street. Very good value, overall.

Room Tip: Our rooms were at the back of the hotel (away from the highway noise).
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for your compliments. We are glad you and your group enjoyed all we have to offer. We are proud of our hospitality professionals and their efficiency in accommodating large groups. Our team looks forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vernon.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Spent one night after a long drive and was pleasantly surprised by the well appointed room which was was large and very clean with comfortable twin queen beds . The room appears to have been recently renovated. Air conditioning worked fine and noise was minimal. Staff were attentive and professional.
The large flat screen TV should have had HighDef TV but unfortunately wasn't available. Also, a second towel bar for hand/face towels would have been handy. Otherwise. a nice stay for the price. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith M
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

We always appreciate good feedback from our guests and are thankful for your recommendation. Our whole team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Kelowna.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Pros and cons to this hotel...pros: clean, nice staff, nice look and feel, affordable. Cons: noisy housemaids in the am and when I went to sleep after 4 am as I worked very late, tv's are way out of date as no high def and remotes do not have a guide button to find channels easier, rooms are quite bright in the am as the blinds do not cover up enough of outside light. So I am very tired today and hoping for a small discount to get me to return back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nolpreen

Thank you for review. I will be happy to pass along your compliments and concerns to our team. We are always striving to exceed our guest’s expectations and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We spent a few nights at the Prestige during our family Vacation last week. We were very happy to stay in a beautiful suite with 2-bedrooms, a full kitchen, living room and large bathroom. We truly appreciated having all the conveniences of home! The room was very clean and the staff members at the front desk during our check-in and check-out were pleasant and helpful. We had a good ‘big’ breakfast at the main restaurant one morning and a nice light breakfast at the lobby café the next. Thank you for a great stay. We would love to make the Prestige Vernon a annual stop on our family vacation.

Room Tip: If you have a chance to book a suite we would highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cdScott929
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

We look forward to having you as one of our regular guests. Thank you so much for your compliments. It will be my pleasure to pass them along to David and his team. It will be very rewarding for them to hear how you enjoyed their hospitality and the amenities of the Prestige Hotel Vernon.