“surprisingly good”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Mississauga, Canada
“surprisingly good”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good hotel for a small town. Room was clean, comfortable, good beds, flat screen TV, microwave, small ref, etc. Didn't encounter any noise as the street and town was not busy at all. The back has a porch overlooking the lake. Very relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ann c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife had trouble sleeping, as our room was close to the highway, so she asked if we could switch rooms. Not only did they switch our room, we were upgraded to the "King Suite" at no extra charge. This was a great experience... Unfortunately the Board Room where we held meetings is not very well ventilated and if someone is exercising in the fitness room you can hear them above.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the main highway, as it can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities featured in our Kind Suite! Spacious and comfortable, ideal for a pleasant stay during a business trip. I apologize that your meeting was disturbed by other guests in the fitness facility. I have passed your feedback on to our management team in Vernon for further review. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Vernon. - Sonu Murphy
Alberta
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I came in late on a very hot day with no campground possibility and a dog. The front staff gave me a dog friendly suite with a lovely balcony and two beds for a great deal. I had tried four other hotels nearby with no luck. Big rooms, quiet and good food in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your compliments. I am glad that you had a restful stop over with your pet. As a pet friendly hotel chain, we know how important it is to have that extra bit of space where your pet can stretch out and rest up for the next part of the drive. We look forward to your next visit! – Sonu Murphy
vancouver, bc
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed on an overnight and expected the hotel to be much more. I have stayed in other Prestige Hotels and they were just nicer. Our room was renovated which was nice and quite large. But you could see the reno's were just patches over old stuff. The bathroom was beautiful and it was nice having a room near an exit which made it easy to get ur stuff in and out. Service was fine. We ate in the restaurant as we had a couon and it was not good. Also when I booked it said we got a free breakfast. A coffee and muffin. I guess I just expected what other hotels give. It was fine as a stop over hotel but I wouldn't want to spend any real time here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay in the spacious guest rooms. I have passed your comments on to our management team in Vernon for further review, and hope that we will have the chane to welcome you back on your next visit through the Okanagan. – Sonu Murphy
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Got one of their recently renovated rooms, which ranked amongst the best of any hotel room that I've ever stayed in, beating out even those in some more upscale chains in big cities. Staff were great, and the attached bar and grill joint that has a Cajun/NewOrleans theme was very good. I'm definitely going back there the next time we're in Vernon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your compliments and posting your stellar experience! Our team will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit for another great stay in Vernon BC! - Sonu Murphy
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Thanks for the excellent service and very comfortable accommodations for my overnight stay during a very hectic business trip. There was some upgrading/renovations happening in the rooms but it did not take away from the comfort in the nice big rooms. The only suggestion I have would be to have something like a tassimo or kureg in the rooms vice the standard 4 cup coffee maker.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
We understand that you need a comfortable haven to retire to after a busy day especially on a working trip, so I am glad to read that you had a restful and relaxing stay while on a hectic business trip. Thank you for your great feedback, I will pass this on to our management team in Vernon. We hope to see you again soon! – Sonu Murphy
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2013

i have stayed at this hotel a couple dozen times over the years since we have an attractive corporate rate. Even the regular rooms are very spacious (even larger for the rooms with lofts and suites)
Hotel and rooms are always clean. Restaurant has changed hands 3 times in last half dozen years. All had /have very good food - maybe a touch overpriced for the Vernon market?
Rooms have fridges, safes and as mentionned - tons of room.
Parking is free and lots of it so ideal for those travelling with truck and trailer or motorhome, etc.
Staff are always friendly - but lots of turnover so not always the most efficient (my biggest beef is the check out process always seems unnecesarily long (especially if they happen to have a bus tour check out)
location is ok on the northern end of Vernon. Across from mall (white spot restaurant; drug store, grocery store, liquor store, etc)
about a mile walk to the heart of the city if you want to go to downtown restaurants.
although my corporate rate keeps me going back - i still recommend at rack rate for decent value.

Room Tip: its a spread out layout - regular rooms are just fine for 1 or 2 people -lofts great for families- a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jaydee02
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I am pleased that the Prestige Hotel is your choice accommodation when you are on business in Vernon. Your feedback is so important for improving our hotel and services, and I appreciate that you took the time to post your review. I will pass your compliments and comments on to our team. We hope to welcome you back soon!