“experiencing some Greek food”

Dorians Greek Taverna
Ranked #33 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dorian’s Greek Taverna is a restaurant located in downtown Vernon, B.C. The new owners invite all guests, previous and new to experience authentic Greek cuisine cooked to perfection by our new culinary-trained chef. We pride ourselves in providing freshly made meals served by our friendly and efficient serving staff. We do our best to ensure that you feel comfortable in our clean restaurant and inviting atmosphere. While our menus have been re-vamped and now easier to read, our menu items are more flexible and the prices have changed only minutely to meet the flexibility of the menu. A new feature to our menus is that we have wine pairings to indicate a perfect match of a dish and the wine. To our drink menu, we have added Dorian’s Cellar White Wines and Cellar Red Wines. In addition, besides our regular and popular Greek dessert, baklava, we have new homemade desserts every week. Come visit us; try our new wines and our authentic Greek cuisine.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The service was great. The place looked like it used to be a small home until they reconstructed it. The music playing was awesome. Me n my friends were singing and swaying to the music and just enjoying ourselves and the staff liked that. The food was great for the price and at the end of it we were full but still had room for dessert. We had baklava and it wasn't sweet at all and thats what made me like it even more because most desserts like that are so sweet the fillings in your mouth hurt and to me it seemed like you could have baklava for breakfast and if you take it home and let is sit for a bit the flavors come out even more.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I enjoy visiting Dorians Greek Taverna. I find the food is always fresh and LOVE the garlic. Service is always friendly and quick.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I dont normally post reviews but felt that this place really deserved it! The portions were huge, the food was delicious and the staff were attentive yet unobtrusive. If you happen to stop in Vernon on your travels this is definitely a place you can't miss.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The restaurant is located in downtown Vernon with plenty of free parking. The interior is casual cafe style. Four of us dined for Valentines Day and were impressed by the friendly staff and the owner who cleared tables and chatted with the guests. Two of us ordered a platter with rack of lamb, calamari and spinach pie. The food arrived in a timely fashion and was probably the best greek food I have eaten ( especially the calamari) Desert was excellent as well. Unless you are a big eater one desert can feed two people. The house white wine was ice cold and average in quality. I usually get heartburn eating overly spiced greek food but this meal was fresh and spiced just right and it went down well. We will return.

1  Thank WillyDoug
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and myself enjoyed a dinner here recently
The food was fine, the price for Greek Food was average.
The servers were friendly
We have enjoyed much more tasteful Greek Food at other Greek Restaurants so probably not running back but fine overall experience

It does not stay open very late in the evening so make sure you check the dinner hours