“Apple Butter!”

Davison Orchards Country Village
Ranked #1 of 51 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Growing food & family memories since 1933! At Davison Orchards, you get fresh, local produce grown right here in Vernon, BC. And we don't just grow it - we use the ingredients in our bakery and café to make the most delicious farm food you've ever tasted. Everything we grow is available to you right here on the farm. We invite you to be part of the story of your food from start to finish. You can see the crops growing, the fruit being picked, and the apples being peeled for our famous apple pie. Because our family has been running this farm for over 80 years, we want your whole family to enjoy their time here. There is something for everyone and we hope you'll make your own happy memories and traditions.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I recently moved to the area and was told by one of my clients in Alberta that I absolutely HAD to visit Davison Orchards. He also mentioned that I should pick up a pie and fruit...but most importantly, I must not leave without a jar of their homemade Apple Butter! So I stopped in and wandered around on a sunny week day. It was fairly busy in the shop/market area. I picked up an apple pie, a jar of jam, red pepper jelly and of course a few jars of Apple Butter (one to be shipped to the client in Alberta) I had a wonderful time looking around their store. The staff are all so friendly and helpful! I had such a nice visit, I ended up bringing my husband the following week. We visited the animals and had some fresh frozen yogurt and berries on the patio. And that Apple Butter? It is THE BEST I have ever had!! I'm hooked!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A welcoming environment that is family friendly. Lots of wonderful fresh fruit to choose from. Excellent home made pies and great restaurant... kids enjoyed the children's play area and tractor train ride. Overall a fun filled afternoon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a fantastic place to take any young children for multiple visits, and there are many activities to discover and enjoy as they get older. The animals, tractor-train ride, sand box, and play structures are all terrific. Don't leave without buying a peach pie to share with your friends - nirvana!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We go to Vernon very year and always stop at Davison Orchards with the kids. We have pictures of the kids there every year, sometimes with friends and cousins, and fantastic, sun-drenched memories.

The Davison family have built a wonderful, welcoming family place. The grounds and view are beautiful and there's no admission to walk around or let your children play in the front sandbox/play area. Yes, you can spend a lot of money, but that's only because the offerings are so attractive - delicious pies (they have the best apple pies in the world, bar none) and apple slushies, a treat and ice cream counter that makes your kids' eyes pop out, gorgeous produce and charming gifts. I've probably spent thousands here over the years, but I can't say I begrudge a penny of it.

The Davison family are also wonderful hosts, happy to chat about their farm and obviously delighted to have visitors. I remember the first day we met Farmer Davison was in the petting zoo. I didn't have any quarters for the 25c goat food dispenser, so my toddlers were trying to feed the goats grass from around their enclosure. Suddenly, Farmer Davison came out of the shed next to it. My kids were intimidated and backed away, and I was wondering whether it was OK to feed the goats grass. Farmer Davison said: "Wait." He went back into the shed, got a huge handful of goat food and poured it into their palms. They've worshipped him ever since.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went with my young daughter for the afternoon. Was very surprised at how much there was for kids to do. The play area is 4.00 to get in - I wasn't happy at first but there really is a huge amount to do once the kids go in. Great treehouse and slides, the coolest sandbox ever with an old pick up truck buried in it. Lots of tractor trikes for little ones. Lots of effort has gone into this area. An obstacle race course and the Davison jail!. There is mini golf and duck races but at a cost as well so we didn't do those but there was enough to entertain her without that if cost is a factor. Took the tractor ride which was fun and informative.There is a small zoo with some goats, a donkey and rooster or a fancy chicken (I think). You can feed the animals (food is 25 cents so again reasonable). Went to the little restaurant for lunch. My daughter loved the lunch of a hotdog, carrots/dip, cookie and apple juice complete in a sandbucket - very cute! We browsed the store and bought some lovely jams made at the farm and hot sauce and salsa. They have some old fashioned sweets/lollipops that my daughter loved. I found those prices all to be very reasonable. I am on a restricted diet so wasn't able to try out the bakery items but all looked delicious and am definitely going back when feeling better! A beautiful place and once you go - you want to go back again.