“Pricey but good.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was a bit worried about trying this place after reading some of the reviews but we left the restaurant feeling full and happy (though with a much lighter wallet). The restaurant itself isn't really THAT fancy but it is nice. The view is what really makes it though...stunning, perched up on a cliff overlooking Okanagan lake. The service was fine though the servers all look like they're still in high school!

We first ordered 2 ounces of cheese for $12 and were pleasantly surprised when it came out with roasted almonds, bread sticks, fruit dip and some fresh fruit. Good value there and very tasty.

The wine list is extensive (and expensive) but we selected a Burrowing Owl Merlot for $55 and it was very nice indeed.

The two starters were probably the low point of the meal. The Summer Green Salad was okay but for a $12 salad you'd expect a bit more. The Celery Root Soup (also $12) was tasty but it wasn't much more than a few spoonfuls.

We then had the Ribeye Steak ($38) and the Pork Roast ($33). Big prices again but both were fairly large and cooked perfectly. In fact, my steak was the best I've had in recent memory.

Overall, $200 for dinner is fairly ridiculous but we don't regret it at all. The food, the wine, the view all combined for a great experience. Not a place you could afford to eat at every day but we had a very nice evening there, full of good food, nice views, and great memories.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I am surprised by the two negative reviews. When I called, I had no problems making reservations for two, asked for a window table, which was reserved for us.

The staff was friendly and efficient, the food excellent, a bit pricy, though.

We asked to see some rooms and the spa at the Sparkling Hill Resort, again, no problem.

We've been to this restaurant for lunch before, and would definitely go back again. It's a bit of a drive coming from Kelowna, but very easy to find.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I phoned the restaurant to reserve a table and was dealt with curtly, lacking any customer service. The person was not rude but certainly didn't encourage me to feel good about the reservation which was for 5 people. I added that the reservation was for a very special occasion and could she reserve a nice table and she responded that they didn't reserve tables - no apology or no encouragement suggesting that all the tables were nice and that I shouldn't worry. I was shocked by her attitude but presume they don't need to worry about offending customers. I thought about it and phoned back and asked Reception to put me through to speak to the duty manager. No problems here, I was told that he was not in his office but would i like to leave a voice-mail which I did. 24 hours later there has been no contact so I have phoned back and cancelled the reservation. Too bad.

2  Thank VANDICARLTON
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

The server had a bit of a snobby attitude. I didn't care for this, considering I eat out a lot. The turkey schnitzel was okay. The turkey cordon blue was fine. The champagne appetizer was okay.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Great views and excellent staff. Menu pricey and limited....breakfast buffet style....lunch menu very few selections....supper again few selections predominately heavy red meats...

1  Thank CapitanVictoria