“Long Week-end Gettaway”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Very good experience ---- Front desk, a little slow at check in, but friendly and there was quite a few people checking in at once. ---- Bed, firm for a king. Room ---- great size with ample room around sheeting area. TV ---- A little on the small size for the room as it utilized for the bed area and seating area. ---- wifi, easy to conect and faster than some. ----Kitchen, small but very functional. ---- Bathroom clean and water hot at 5 am. --- Make reservations for sure as this place fills up fast. Shadow Knows

Room Tip: Book early and specify exactly what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was returning from a fishing trip and had to stop in Vernon for two days so I needed a hotel that would accommodate my need for some freezer space so my fish would remain frozen. I spoke to Rob who asked some very good questions, confirmed they actually had enough space and made arrangements to both accept my fish and to ensure the other staff knew what was going on. Rob was very "heads up" and was a pleasure to deal with.

My room was clean and nicely laid out. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient while I was there and I liked the light system they have to notify staff if you want house-keeping or privacy,

The supplied breakfast is as good as anything else I've had at this type of hotel. Not really great food but there is a good selection and it is palatable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

In general hotel was ok , bathroom had some wallpaper peeling and a bit of mould !! In that area !! huge issue is parking !! Parking lot is shared by another hotel and a restaurant , during the day there are spots , but if you go and return after 7 , good chance there is nowhere to put your vehicle . Front counter knows of this problem and just laughed if off !! Saying they keep telling the owner " chuckle, chuckle" !! When I spend $500.00 for three nights stay , I wanna be able to come and go and not have to worry if I will have a place to put my vehicle !!!! For this reason alone I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Kingcat900,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay wit us. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We chose this location because it was a half way point on the way back from The Rockies. It's located on the highway on the approach to Vernon. The room was big and the bedding comfortable. It was a little dark in the shower which was over the bath. Parking was difficult at first and we weren't all that keen on parking in the street. However, eventually some patrons left and we were able to park close to Ricky's diner which I can highly recommend, especially for breakfast.
The view from the room was not inspiring and I thought Vernon as a location was pretty dull. However, it is a gateway to the many wineries in the area. Nearby Kelowna looked a much more enticing spot.
One big plus was the free WIFI. The hotel has a laundry and free coffee in the foyer. Not bad as a stopover.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the lift
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kay2210
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Quick trip to Vernon, stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. For the purpose of my trip it fit the bill.

Easy access to Internet, breakfast every morning, friendly helpful staff, comfortable beds and easy to get to.

It's not sparkling hills resort, but for a business trip on a company budget - I recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed for one night. Room was clean and well laid out. Not the cheapest night but fairly reasonable when booked ahead. Right on the highway so easy access. All in all an adequate room for a one night stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Karmatravelers,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week when returning home from Calgary. Hotel was conveniently located right on the highway and rooms were clean and hotel itself was decent. I didn't smell any cigarette smell and our room wasn't noisy at all. Service was excellent and breakfast was good too. This will be preferred hotel next time I have to make a stop there.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and had no noise issue
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family