“Okay but not great..”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a day on our way to Vancouver,BC. I have been using Holiday Inn on our trips out of town when we travel to BC. This place was okay and has a better pool than the one in Kelowna. Although, this is the only hotel that asked for $200 deposit. They charged me more also in our accommodation other than the holiday inn hotels. For next stop overs, I am not going to stay here anymore.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear laaglaag,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We came for a special event. The pool and hot tub are a little small but we didn't come for that so doesn't count in my review

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and nice size. Beds were comfy.

Breakfast was great and plenty. Real bacon!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booking in was excellent and I was upgraded to a Jacuzzi Suite which was in a very large room with a large kitchen with Refrigerator, Microwave and Coffee Maker. The Bed was so comfortable and I slept great after soaking in my Jacuzzi whilst watching TV. The Breakfast was good with both hot and cold selection. The Pool, Jacuzzi and fitness room were very clean and not busy. An excellent Hotel with great staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yorkie1948
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here on the September long weekend when everything else in Vernon was full we asked if we could book out room again for one more it the lady at the front desk say yes of course. The pool and hot tub were very warm and clean the pool is a little small as there was lots of people there but the kids had fun. I would Recommend anyone with a family to stay there! The free breakfast was good both day. It was changed the second day so that was good. I would stay there Again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Very good experience ---- Front desk, a little slow at check in, but friendly and there was quite a few people checking in at once. ---- Bed, firm for a king. Room ---- great size with ample room around sheeting area. TV ---- A little on the small size for the room as it utilized for the bed area and seating area. ---- wifi, easy to conect and faster than some. ----Kitchen, small but very functional. ---- Bathroom clean and water hot at 5 am. --- Make reservations for sure as this place fills up fast. Shadow Knows

Room Tip: Book early and specify exactly what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was returning from a fishing trip and had to stop in Vernon for two days so I needed a hotel that would accommodate my need for some freezer space so my fish would remain frozen. I spoke to Rob who asked some very good questions, confirmed they actually had enough space and made arrangements to both accept my fish and to ensure the other staff knew what was going on. Rob was very "heads up" and was a pleasure to deal with.

My room was clean and nicely laid out. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient while I was there and I liked the light system they have to notify staff if you want house-keeping or privacy,

The supplied breakfast is as good as anything else I've had at this type of hotel. Not really great food but there is a good selection and it is palatable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

In general hotel was ok , bathroom had some wallpaper peeling and a bit of mould !! In that area !! huge issue is parking !! Parking lot is shared by another hotel and a restaurant , during the day there are spots , but if you go and return after 7 , good chance there is nowhere to put your vehicle . Front counter knows of this problem and just laughed if off !! Saying they keep telling the owner " chuckle, chuckle" !! When I spend $500.00 for three nights stay , I wanna be able to come and go and not have to worry if I will have a place to put my vehicle !!!! For this reason alone I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Kingcat900,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay wit us. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A