“Good value”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Calgary, Canada
“Good value”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Nice travel hotel. Clean and functional. $80 a night, what do you want? Clean, ok restaurant and good location. Bed's are OK (all queen's) Property 30 or 40 years old but well maintained. Very good property for a sports team.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hulstonfive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel, was very impressed with the check in it was fast and the desk clerks were friendly. Room was very clean. It was so very convinent having the resturant in the hotel. I would for sure stay again. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank happytrails7179
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Showroom clean, very comfortable. No hassle, streamlined front desk check in and out.

NOT soundproof - young hockey team crashed around the hallway until midnight with only so called adults drinking beer as chaperones.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank hotSandColdTequila
Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Checked in around midnight Aug 24/12. Very friendly informative lady at the front desk...said she was new but I would have never known!! Great first impression. Construction going on the exterior of the hotel, however, had no impact on my stay.

Room clean, beds good. Need new flat screen tv's! Apparently that is in the works! Extremley good restaurant for breakfast........food good and resaonable and waitresses were #1!!

I Like the Village Green. For the price and the what you recieve in comaprison to other Vernon hotels.........you can't go wrong with the Village Green!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank DJRCanada
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Village Green Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear valued guest and TripAdvisor member,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your kind comments, particularly with respect to the in-room tv's as we have just finished installing all of our guest rooms with new 40" LCD's! Now that our renovations have been completed I invited you to come and see what we have done.
Many thanks for letting others know about our hotel; we look forward to seeing you again at the newly improved Village Green Hotel.

Port Coquitlam
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel in April and had a bad experience.....see below for my review. We were given an 'incentive' to give them a second chance to make a bad situation right so we stayed there again this past weekend as we were visiting the area for a wedding. Our experience this time was 100% better! We actually enjoyed our stay here! We booked a larger room this time and LOVED it! It was nicely renovated and comfortable.....my mom said that even the hide-a-bed was comfortable! The only design flaw about the room we had this time is that you had to go through the bedroom to access the bathroom, but we didnt find that it was a big deal. The breakfast options that come with the voucher are great and the portions are big....much better than the standard continental breakfast that most hotels give. It seems, though, that there is still a little confusion over whether or not a child is supposed to be given a breakfast voucher. When we checked in, the clerk told us that 'kids eat free' and did not give us a voucher for my son. In the morning while ordering breakfast, we were informed by the restaurant that we did in fact require a voucher for children. I went back to the front desk and spoke to a very pleasant woman that promised to bring this up to management and ensure that all staff were informed of the policy. All in all, we enjoyed our stay here and wouldnt hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jcrewe
Dear valued guest and TripAdvisor member,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your kind comments, particularly with respect to the fact that this was our second chance to "get it right". Someimes things just don't go well, and I thank you for the opportunity to, not only make it right for you, but to learn from our past errors and employ measures so as not to repeat them.

I am truly thankful that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again at the newly improved Village Green Hotel.

California
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Still under construction (as of 8/2012) but we were there over the long weekend so not much actual work was going on. Our room was renovated, but still fairly dumpy. Good size with the two queen beds, tiny bathroom. First floor room opened out to a nice courtyard, but the only way to get outside air into the room was to open the sliding door - something I didn't want to do at night. Felt a little claustrophobic without being able to safely open a window. A/C was absolutely necessary this particular weekend because the weather was warm but I think it was fixed at a certain level because no matter how I adjusted the thermostat it didn't seem to make much difference. Housekeeping was rather indifferent - bottom sheets on the beds were never pulled tight or tucked in, debris was left on floor all 5 days of our stay. All in all, I was not happy and even my teenagers were unimpressed.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Offandrunning
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Village Green Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear valued guest,

I am truly sorry that our hotel did not leave you with a more favourable impression. As you mentioned it was a very warm time of year and that, even so, our guests do not always enjoy air conditioning. It is for that very reason we have clearly marked security settings on all of our balcony doors that enable you to open and lock the doors in place, thus ensuring your security while enjoying fresh air.
While it is never acceptable to have indifferent housekeepers or air conditioning that does not appear to be keeping up, but one comment to our front desk team would have set this right and with additional considerations for you and your family, as is our custom. Unfortunately, this review does not help me identify problems with your room or my team members specifically and so it makes it difficult to correct. It is always important to make your comments known immediately to ensure the best stay possible.
I will nevertheless review your comments and discuss them with my team leaders so as to best serve our valued guests in the future.
Thanks again for your valuable review.

Rob Glattfelder
GM Village Green Hotel
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I chose Village Green as it was pet friendly and booked 2nights with our med size dog. The price was more than I really wanted to pay - but all accommodation in the Okanagan is comparatively expensive. When we arrived the hotel had no record of us bringing a dog but gave us the room anyway. It was recently and very tastefully renovated with excellent air conditioning - much appreciated in the 30o plus weather. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The Sunday brunch buffet was great value.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest and TripAdvisor member,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your kind comments, particularly with regard to our pet friendly status. I truly believe we have an oasis for Fido right here at the hotel!
Many thanks for letting others know about our hotel in Vernon, BC!