“Awesome food!”

Ranked #2 of 217 Restaurants in Vernon
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving Authentic Slow-Smoked Southern Barbeque!
Vernon
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We live in Vernon but I actually heard about this place on Tripadvisor. It lives up to the wonderful
reviews! We tried two dishes that had an assortment of meats and sides. The smoked meat is incredible and the side dishes are awesome. Most of the ingredients are local and we tried a local craft beer (Firehouse holy smoke stout) from Oliver, BC, that was great. They also make their own sauces which are very good. Our favorite meats were the beef brisket and pork ribs. We will definitely be going back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Tree899
Tanya W, Owner at Station BBQ Smokehouse, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Tree899,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate it. It's great to hear from our customers that they can taste and appreciate that we make our food from scratch here, smoke all our meats in-house, and do what we do from a whole foods standpoint, staying away from processed ingredients wherever possible. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

best regards, Tanya

“Ribs and Otis Redding for the Win”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We'd been out of town when it first opened, but, lucky for us, finally had a chance to stop by Station BBQ for the first time last night. We'd heard nothing but very enthusiastic reviews from our friends. We'd read nothing but equally positive reviews on here, and other sites.

We came in with some pretty high expectations. Even still, we were blown away. Every positive thing other people are saying is true, so I won't repeat it. Let me just say this: try the ribs. I've eaten good BBQ in Texas, and I've been making pretty ok ribs of my own for years. But these ribs weren't just the best ribs I've had, they were one of the best overall food items I've had. I kind of fell asleep dreaming about ribs; I woke up and wanted ribs for breakfast.

I look at it this way: I got to eat beautiful ribs in a friendly room, with my girl, a cool beer, and Otis Redding singing in the background. I don't care where you're from: that's a win.

3 Thank biglarrycat
Tanya W, Owner at Station BBQ Smokehouse, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi biglarrycat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We love hearing the feedback and are extremely pleased that we were able to make it such a memorable experience for you. That is our goal with every one who comes through the doors and we are glad that our ribs and the musical genius of Otis were able to do that for you.

Dorval, Canada
“A Great New Addition to The Vernon Restaurant Scene”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Friends of our`s suggested that we get together for dinner at this relatively new restaurant in Vernon. None of us had ever been to the restaurant. The menu could best be described as Southern US BBQ smokehouse coupled with a good choice of Cajun dishes. The menu can be found on their website so I won`t bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that there is a good selection of choices to satisfy most people who enjoy this style of food. I had the Bid Bad Wolf which includes a servings of pulled chicken, pork, brisket, sausage and 3 ribs. Included were 2 sides and a Bacon Maple Corn Muffin. I had the maple-dijon coleslaw and the BBQ fries. What a treat for the taste buds! I was expecting at least one in this combination to fail but they were all done to perfection. Others at the table chose the Texas Brisket which they thoroughly enjoyed. Their selection of sauces were a delight. Everyone was very satisfied with their meals. The service was excellent. The servers knew the menu very well and the friendly owner came to our table a few times to make sure that we were satisfied with our meals and service. The decor is typical of a BBQ restaurant. There is ample parking on the street and at a lot very close by. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who enjoy southern BBQ, smoked or Cajun dishes.

2 Thank VernonBirdman
Hi VernonBirdman,

We'd like to thank you for your great review of our restaurant, and your friends for suggesting us as the place for your get-together. Word of mouth advertising is the best advertising, and we are very happy that it is working for us. That is the best indicator that we are doing something right. Thanks again.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Pretty close to authentic!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have lived in North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas, and the food here is VERY close to the real thing! I had a plate called The Big Bad Wolf, which had pulled pork, ribs, and andouille sausage. All three were excellent. The sauces were pretty authentic, too. (It is hard to call any sauce truly authentic because in the South every BBQ joint has its own secret sauce!) I had the Brunswick stew, which is pretty close to what my grandmother made. The cole slaw is made with vinegar instead of mayo and is quite good. The plate also includes a tasty corn meal muffin. The prices may be a bit high, but they do include tax, and the servings are pretty large. I ate half of each thing on my plate, took the other half home for lunch the next day, and was very full after both meals! Also, smoking meat takes many hours, so the preparation costs more than conventional cooking. This restaurant easily compares with most of the BBQ places I have eaten across the South!

3 Thank marge237
Hi Marge237,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review us, and for the wonderful things you said. Authentic, slow-smoked Southern BBQ is our motto and we always love hearing confirmation from those with experience that we are hitting our mark.

many thanks, Tanya
“Overall great!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went for dinner at this restaurant last night and loved it. We had a group of people including kids, and there was something for everyone. I had the pulled pork which was cooked to perfection. You get your choice of BBQ sauces at the table, so some of us tried a little bit of everything. The portions were quite large, so you get good value for your money and the staff were all very friendly as well. I would definetly go there again.

4 Thank Maple7
Hi Maple7,

Thank you so much for your kind review. My husband and I are very pleased that we were able to make it a great experience for everyone. We pride ourselves on being a family restaurant, both in the sense of how we run it, and who we cater to. Glad to hear that you'll be back, and we can't wait to welcome you again.