“Thai treasure in Vernon”

Amarin Thai Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 222 Restaurants in Vernon
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love finding good restaurants run by families! A Thai restaurant run by a Thai family. The Amarin is tucked away on a side street off the old main street, the locals know it well. There is a good variety of dishes to choose from and each one is very tasty! Service was solicitous without being too much. The flavours were a teeny bit muted, likely to keep their ongoing clientele happy. One of my 2 favourites in Vernon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Four of us went there for lunch.One of us just had a meal there recently for the first time, and she strongly recommended this place over.
I like the interior, nicely decorated and felt very spacious.
The lady served us was very pleasant and friendly.
The place was very quiet at lunch, but don't let that fool you.
There was a set menu for lunch with dish and rice combos, but we ordered from the dinner menu so we could share the dishes.
Pad thai was our all time favourite, theirs was very tasty, I only had a little because it was too popular with others.
But I like the chicken curry, with the pungent flavour and cream curry, very nice with jasmine rice.
The spinach dish was with peanut sauce, I think, lightly fried spinach, sliced pork in top, the dish was more like a salad than stir fry.
We didn't order any drinks . Our bill with tax and tip, come to around $50.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good food, good service, reasonable prices. What more can I say? Of all the restaurants in Vernon, this is one of my favourites.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

excellent Thai food on both occasions that I have visited..good sized portions of quality food..owner is very pleasant and welcoming..pleased to answer any questions that you may have regarding the menu...food quality compares to big city quality with a more personal approach.... building could use a bit of a remodel..

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I dropped in for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Comfortable atmosphere, nice decor. Reasonably priced lunch specials were offered, and I tried the Pad Thai. Noodles were a little less wide than I'm used to, but the dish was DELICIOUS. Everything was perfectly fresh - maybe they have a garden in the back? :-) Shrimps were cooked perfectly, the whole dish was balanced, calm and harmonious. Service was fast and friendly. Coffee was very good. Didn't have my phone with me today, so no pics. But I can tell you that the dish was very beautifully presented. On the whole this place reminds me of a favorite spot in Chang Mai...