“Perogie Heaven!”

Cuisines: Ukrainian, Eastern European
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Perogie Heaven!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I visited Vernon recently and stopped at D J's Perogie Kitchen. We both had the perogies, cabbage rolls and sausage. The meal was delicious. There were several types of perogies to choose from. I had saurkraut and bacon as well as cottage cheese and bacon. My husband enjoyed the cheddar cheese and potato perogies. The entire meal was everything we hoped for. The restaurant is very clean and is decorated with cultural pictures and nic nacs. Service was very good as well. A nice family run business. We will be going back on our next visit. We have added it to our "Favourite Restaurant" list.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brenda G

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Fairly AUTHENTIC, actually...”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Having lived in Russia for 11 years, and also spent some time in Kiev, I think I'm reasonably well prepared to evaluate this little cafe. You get a pretty good simulation of the real thing here. No "Taras Bulba" style delicacies, but the basics prepared are much as you would get them in a working-class cafeteria anywhere in the post-soviet world. This IS a cafeteria, by the way! Go place your order, pour yourself a tea or coffee, then sit down and wait! Premises are clean and tidy... :-)

• Visited May 2013
Lumby, Canada
“Disappointing Perogies”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I ordered the meat and onion perogies and was very disappointed. The perogies were tough and rubbery. There were six on a plate covered with some greasy onions. I will not go back.

Visited October 2013
“Good place to catch a bite”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I often frequent this restraunt and it has never been diasapointing just good food and great options for people not want Ukrainian food as well

Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hugely Disappointing!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Worst cabbage rolls I have had in a long long time! I think they used cous cous instead of Rice and there was no meat and barely any tomato sauce. I had to load them up with sour cream just to get them down! The perogies were simply boiled? they describe fried onions. Well, I have never seen dice onions that looked so much like they had been boiled or simply slathered with oil...disgusting!! I am so sorry that I believe the previous reviews and recommended this place to my son and daughter-in-law.

Hugely hugely disappointing and way over priced considering what we received for our money. I will never go back.

• Visited August 2012