“BEST SERVICE, FOOD and Best Shirley Temple Ever”

Earls Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #100 of 213 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary
“BEST SERVICE, FOOD and Best Shirley Temple Ever”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Couldn't be happier with the wonderful service from Ellie who made our dinning experience fun and enjoyable. She offered great suggestions, has a terrific sense of humour and was incredibly attentive. She made us feel that she personally was responsible for our good time. The food was delicious and well presented. We had sushi, haddock and french fries, apple brie sandwich and our granddaughter had noodles and chicken. Elile suggested a great wine that was perfect.

My granddaughter knows all about Shirley Temples--mostly made with pop and canned juice. Emily says "this was the most awesome Shirley Temple ever"....made with freshly squeezed orange juice and beautifully presented--and could be refilled at no extra charge. Ellie even brought three cherries on a stick. She couldn't do enough for Emily. The service and food here is family oriented and a real delight. Emily wants us to go back soon.

Tip: Ask to sit at an Ellie table.

• Visited February 2014

Vernon, Canada
“Good services...temp needs some work!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is the typical chain of Earl's and no differenct food than any of the others. I have been to the ones in Calgary many times without problem....you know what you are getting. I have never had any problems with the service but I do have one irratant about this one particular location. Twice in a one week period, me and a friend went here for the clam chowder soup that we lover. BOTH times, not just once the soup was served less than hot. The first time was cold...at lest the 2nd time it was luke warm but we still returned it for hot ones. Why is it so hard for this location to serve HOT coup? We also had the shrimp and pesto pizza the second time which was good, although for a flatbread, the crust was pretty thick. Never a problem with service from the waitress. A nicely done lounge with TV's for sports too.

• Visited December 2013
Vernon, B.C.
“Not my cup of tea”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I gave my teenage sons the choice of restaurants for a family night out. They are teenage boys so they picked Earl's, for obvious reason. Something to do with the quality of the waitresses....

Anyway, our waitress was cute and sweet but lousy. It took her close to 15 minutes to bring our first drink order. When she finally did bring the drinks, she had completely forgotten about my wife. Actually she must have had it out for my wife because she cleared away all of the food dishes even though my wife was still eating her meal.

The food itself is good. My real issue with Earl's is the "value" quotient. You pay far too much for the quality of the food. I would much rather spend the $$ on a local restaurant who needs my business versus a chain restaurant with a cookie cutter formula.

Having said all of the above, it will always attract the young, male diners, for obvious reasons.

Visited October 2013
Calgary
“Fantastic Server Made The Night”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were camping close to Vernon at Ellison Provincial Park and wanted to have a dinner out. We have liked Earl's in Calgary and elsewhere in the past so decided to go somewhere familiar. Our family of four came in and were greeted by a friendly girl at the front and seated quickly as it was a bit later than usual for dinner and the restaurant was not too busy. Our server, I think his name was Tim and he had just returned to live in Vernon from being in Vancouver for a time, was also very friendly. My husband and son ordered the burger and my daughter and I ordered a few appies to split. We asked for the fries to come extra crisp and when they came they were not as ordered. The waiter went away and get us more that were nice and crisp. We had also had a few converstions with the waiter about our day and holiday, etc and his moving back to Vernon and it came up in conversation that we were about to take our daughter over to the hospital to get her eye looked at as we thought that she might be getting a stye. As we were waiting for the bill to come, he came back with a little plate of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies that the chef just made, to cheer her up before she went to the hospital to get checked out. I don't think chocolate chip cookies are even on the menu. It really made her day and ours. I have often found in the past that many servers at restaurants think of the children as not important, but to many parents. like us, it really makes us think twice about going to a place that treats our kids poorly. In this case, the food was very good as we usually expect from Earls, but it was the waiter that really topped off the night to be one of our most fondly remembered meals on our vacation and for a long time of dining out. I hope that I got his name right and that he gets some recognition for a job well done. We did tell him at the time before we left the restaurant that we were impressed with the service. And we gave him a bigger precentage tip than customary as well.

• Visited August 2013
“Lunch”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Myself, and my family went to earls vernon for lunch on my birthday. We were sat right away, drinks brought out and food ordered. Food took about 20 minutes but was worth the wait. Also the belinis are delicious.
Our server was great always making sure we had drinks and everything was up to par. Deffinatley will come here again.

• Visited August 2013