“Service average, food below par”

Earls Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #109 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have only eaten here a couple times since we moved from GTA. I have to say that both times the food is not up to par and the service is only average. On my second visit, I was not impressed with the Caesar salad I ordered. The romaine has rusted edges like they have been sitting there for days. My husband also ordered a soup and it’s barely warm. Both our main courses were very bland. In fact, the fried halibut was very oily too. Overall, the front end service is ok but the kitchen needs to do their job better.

1  Thank amber w
There are newer reviews for Earls Kitchen + Bar

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have enjoyed our meals here many times over the years. It was always a place we could rely on for good salads, appetizers and entrees. The servings used to be generous, the service pleasant and the ambiance relatively restful.
Things have changed. It was actually quite horrible. Our server basically ignored us and when she did come around, was ill-informed and rude. She also wore so much perfume it lingered strongly when she left.
One small order of yam fries is $8.95. The wings were flabby and small. The entree salad with arugula and chicken was decent but so tiny compared with salads we enjoyed in the past. I saw lots of burgers and beer going past. Maybe this restaurant has become simply a bar.
I would not eat here again.

1  Thank 754SueG
Reviewed 11 April 2014

One of the late night restaurants beside Denny's. Open until 11 pm at night. Great Service, great foods as usual, great server.

1  Thank FxFunpo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Earls is a very good place to eat for everyone. The severs are well trained and friendly. The restaurant is cozy and clean and the noise level is very good. Obviously someone knows how to run a kitchen as the food is always very good.
The menu has a lot of variety and suits any appetite or taste.

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Having dietary preferences, I didn't think Earl's had a great menu. Well I ended up with a gift card and had a night out and decided to go for it. They have an Asian bowl that is simply delicious. You can add 1-6 extra hot peppers to customize it, and let me tell you - go for the 6, they're amazing peppers. Service was good and atmosphere is good!