“I want to like it!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
vernon bc
“I want to like it!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Every time I visit here, I want to like it .. But the food keeps getting in the way! It just keeps falling short of flavour and texture. Blah is being kind to it. Service is good. Atmosphere is well... Pub like it should be!

I hope they pull up their socks, because this is a well established Vernon meeting place for cold beers. THIS THEY DO WELL !

• Visited May 2013

Penticton, Canada
“A Great Place for Good Pub Grub with Friends”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

After an afternoon of driving around, picking up some sporting goods and garden market greens we stopped in at Squire's for some appies and beers/wine.
Service was excellent, food was interesting and well prepared and the prices were decent.
This is a long time favourite that keeps us coming back.

• Visited May 2013
Vernon, Canada
“a good find.............”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We were quite delighted to find this quaint old style pub, enroute to the garden centres.
Some great items on their menu, plus some British Fare & beers. We have been there now about 6 times & so have sampled a few things. We think there Fish & Chips, Burgers, Butter Chicken,
soups & sandwiches are great.A few disappointments however were the Quiche & the
Bangers & Mash. All in all, good food & atmosphere - not your usual roudy style pub !

• Visited April 2013
Salmon Arm, BC
“good, not the extraordinary that I expected.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

In the past, I have had a burger when I was there. They are known for their burgers and, generally, they are better than the competition. This visit, I didn't have a burger and found that the rest of their food is average. I had a thai salad and my hubby had ribs. We both ate our meals but our expectations were not met. On a lighter note, my ceasar was delicious!! I will probably go back, but I will order a burger next time!

• Visited April 2013
Selah, Washington
“Great environment for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The pub is built on three levels with a large fireplace with a floor to ceiling chimney in the center. There was a feeling of privacy even though the place was very busy. All levels are open to the windows so there is plenty of natural light. I ordered the bangers and mash but was a little disappointed with it, didn't taste like the traditional meal I've always eaten everywhere else, but otherwise fine. There is a nice patio outside but it was a little chilly so we ate indoors. Service was fast and friendly. I gave an average mark regarding the bar scene because I have neither good nor bad to say about it.

• Visited March 2013