“OK for a chain ...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great fish, nice light batter, and not greasy! Value for the $$$
Plain interior of the restauraunt , nothing special there,,,, but it is in a plaza parking lot...

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have ordered fish and chips in a lot of different places. I am rarely disappointed but this was my first time being stunned! My daughter and I always share a halibut and chips. Our regular place gives close to three large pieces and a ton of awesome fries we can't even finish for $15.99. Staying out of town we decided to treat ourselves. I've seen these Joey places before and thought how bad could it be? Mistake.

I looked at the takeout menu and could not believe the prices. But I ordered one halibut 2 piece and chips for $21! I figured it would be huge for that price. Got back to the hotel and looked in the bag. One very small box of soggy fries- smaller than mcdonalds medium fries. And, 2 pieces of square fish about 3 inches by 3 inches each! They looked like Captain Highliner filets. There was a mini container of bad coleslaw and no cutlery to eat it with. No napkins or ketchup either. Just one packet of tartar sauce that when we squished it out came with a nice black hair in it. What a freakin gross meal and a complete rip off. Save your money and set ANYWHERE but this place.

3  Thank coffeechik
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although this restaurant is pretty basic, the seafood is on par with the finest establishments in the Okanagan. You have multiple choices for different fish and chips and other seafood.

The cod was perfectly fried, the coleslaw excellent and the fries good. The Flight of Shrimp included Thai coconut, spicy jalapeno and jumbo shrimp cooked your way (I had deep-fried). The shrimp were delicious and the sides great (fries and coleslaw).

It was busy, which is no wonder - but it didn't take as long to get our meals as we were expecting.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We travel extensively across BC with our business so we know all about eating out. We also happen to love Joeys and try to find one wherever we go. We live in Kamloops and often frequent the Kamloops franchise. Tried the Vernon one....big mistake! Normally I get full on the Calamari starter - because normally you get enough. Tonight I left the restaurant hungry and let down coz the $9.00 portion of Calamari was minuscule and I had to ask for seafood sauce. Trying to increase your profit margins? Not a good strategy Joeys in Vernon. I'll think twice before eating at the Vernon location again. Quality of the food was fantastic though and service was good.

1  Thank bkay1959
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We enjoyed our fish and chips, but found the price higher than either C Lovers (in Vernon) or the fish and chip places in both Enderby and Salmon Arm (Fisherman Direct).