“Will Remember This Place Forever! <3”
Review of Fireside Lodge

Fireside Lodge
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Will Remember This Place Forever! <3”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here Dec 2011 just prior to the Winter Olympics, I arrived with my friend whilst we looked for permanent accommodation (probably 5 days or so). During our stay, Randy was really helpful, and when we checked in with Simon, he was really accommodating when we realised neither of our cards worked! (All sorted within a day or so, but he didn't just chuck us out, like some places would've). We found the rooms fine for what we needed, considering it's more or less hostel prices, you can't complain about the dorms at all. Whilst staying there, I made friends with Simon (assistant manager at the time), Jimbo & Olly! I have to say, the staff were so friendly, and we remain friends. Great living space, and entertainment area's. Also, although the location is a little out of the village, it's worth it for a quiet night sleep, it looked beautiful at Christmas with the lights etc. Wifi was well set up, and the drying room was great. the only complaint I had was the stairs - not that many - but I'm lazy. I also met my partner in Fireside and nearly 4 years on, we have bought a house, and are very happy. We will never forget Fireside. <3 Thanks for being the starting point to the rest of my life :) p.s. if he ever pops the question, maybe we'll come for the wedding x

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DarlingNikki_11

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I will state the bad first. It's a little down the road from Whistler village but a 4 minute walk to the bus stop and a 5 minute bus ride at $2.50 and you are in the middle of everything.

Now the good. Everything. The room I had was supposed to be a 4 share but the fire dept. said it was only suiteable for 2 people and I had that room to myself that night.

Comfy warm bed. Nice hot shower. There's a sauna there too. Big spacious lounge with couches and a fireplace. Huge kitchen and the manager, Gary, I think his name was. He was so friendly and helpful.

WiFi was very strong in my room upstairs.

Had 3 great days in Whistler snowboarding. The trip was nice because of this place. After boarding all day it's nice to have a good night sleep in a warm, friendly place when it's 18 degrees outside.

For $28 a night I will definitely return here when I go back to Whistler.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank JerryAscione
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We are a couple 21 and 22, we have had the most comfortable stay! We booked a 4 bedroom dorm but ended up with our own private 2 bunk room..plenty of space for our luggage. We were never worried about security. everyone is mellow and friendly, such a relaxed environment..perfect for a day after skiing because your so exhausted! It is a bit of a mission up the hill particularly when your lugging skis, boots and groceries...so many stairs! So be prepared to get fit!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

We are a couple 25 & 27 and we had the best stay here while looking for work and a house. It was so cosy, a very friendly atmosphere, with plenty of rooms, big common area, games room and a HUGE kitchen. We shared a ro with a queen bed and it was perfect.
We made plenty of friends both travelers and with the staff. Randy was so accommodating when we left a few dad early.
Definately recommend staying here in the summer and winter!

• Stayed October 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 September 2012

What a great place if you like mountains solitude! Not in village but bus 3 min walk and as much ride... Immaculately clean all over; so nice homey feel. Host- Randy will go way out of his way to help you with anything. Amazing kitchen-- so well stocked and maintained. Check this place out, even if you are not on budget. Agree, that dorm rooms that are without windows feel too dark but that's probaly the only problem with this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Sooooo nice. For ski members only during winter . We stayed there in summer rooms so nice and comfy huge kitchen with everything u need in it no brekkie thou . Owners helpful and nice. Very quiet which we liked and very close to whistler village definitely recommend it 9 out of 10

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Sarah H
Sendai, Japan
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here on my own for a few days skiing. It was a wonderful experience. The accommodation is superb, an amazing kitchen with lots of space and the utensils and pots to cook anything you can imagine. The social areas include a huge living room with lots of sofas, fireplace and a well stocked bookcase. Outside is a sun deck surrounded by trees and lots of humming birds. I was in a bunk room which is fairly basic but clean and comfy. There is even a sauna, although I didn't get round to trying it. The manager Randy is a top guy was Mark his Belgium assistant for the season. The lodge members I met were all very friendly and good fun to chat with. I even got some skiing tips on the slopes. If you want to stay near whistler on a budget, stay here. In fact even if you're not on a budget its a great place to meet people.

• Stayed May 2012