“Cosy fire, great kitchen and good value”
Review of Fireside Lodge

Fireside Lodge
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

A true ski lodge. The kitchen was the best I've seen in lodge/hostel type accomodation. The bathrooms are basic but clean. A big roaring fire is a good place to have a red wine and meet fellow travellers. Short walk to bus stop for bus to either ski village. The bus trips are worth it when the accomodation is such great value. I would highly recommend this lodge and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank HellyWheels

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

This hostel is definitely one of the best equipped I have ever stayed in! The kitchen was enormous and had anything you could imagine. Communal areas were big but cosy with loads of huge sofas to sit on and a fire which would be perfect in winter (there's a good games room too).

Rooms were nice and again, bathrooms probably the best I've stayed in - really clean and good showers!

Staff could have been more helpful with a map or some recommendations, but the place was well looked after and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JoeyJoJoJnrJnr
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Really friendly, a good price considering the popular location and impecably clean. It is a bit further away from the village than other accomodation but there is a lovely lake side walk to get in to Whistler Village which doesn't take very long. The bathrooms could do with an upgrade but were still clean!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Fireside lodge. It has an amazingly well equipped kitchen and is very spacious. It also has laundry facilities, a well equipped games room and a cozy relaxing area. We also enjoyed using the barbecue. The only gripe is that - at least in the room we stayed in- it had paper thin walls. You could hear conversations in the next room distinctly. So DEFINITELY bring your ear plugs if you want to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here Dec 2011 just prior to the Winter Olympics, I arrived with my friend whilst we looked for permanent accommodation (probably 5 days or so). During our stay, Randy was really helpful, and when we checked in with Simon, he was really accommodating when we realised neither of our cards worked! (All sorted within a day or so, but he didn't just chuck us out, like some places would've). We found the rooms fine for what we needed, considering it's more or less hostel prices, you can't complain about the dorms at all. Whilst staying there, I made friends with Simon (assistant manager at the time), Jimbo & Olly! I have to say, the staff were so friendly, and we remain friends. Great living space, and entertainment area's. Also, although the location is a little out of the village, it's worth it for a quiet night sleep, it looked beautiful at Christmas with the lights etc. Wifi was well set up, and the drying room was great. the only complaint I had was the stairs - not that many - but I'm lazy. I also met my partner in Fireside and nearly 4 years on, we have bought a house, and are very happy. We will never forget Fireside. <3 Thanks for being the starting point to the rest of my life :) p.s. if he ever pops the question, maybe we'll come for the wedding x

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DarlingNikki_11
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I will state the bad first. It's a little down the road from Whistler village but a 4 minute walk to the bus stop and a 5 minute bus ride at $2.50 and you are in the middle of everything.

Now the good. Everything. The room I had was supposed to be a 4 share but the fire dept. said it was only suiteable for 2 people and I had that room to myself that night.

Comfy warm bed. Nice hot shower. There's a sauna there too. Big spacious lounge with couches and a fireplace. Huge kitchen and the manager, Gary, I think his name was. He was so friendly and helpful.

WiFi was very strong in my room upstairs.

Had 3 great days in Whistler snowboarding. The trip was nice because of this place. After boarding all day it's nice to have a good night sleep in a warm, friendly place when it's 18 degrees outside.

For $28 a night I will definitely return here when I go back to Whistler.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JerryAscione
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We are a couple 21 and 22, we have had the most comfortable stay! We booked a 4 bedroom dorm but ended up with our own private 2 bunk room..plenty of space for our luggage. We were never worried about security. everyone is mellow and friendly, such a relaxed environment..perfect for a day after skiing because your so exhausted! It is a bit of a mission up the hill particularly when your lugging skis, boots and groceries...so many stairs! So be prepared to get fit!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple