“Nice, Low Key Place”

The Southside Diner
Ranked #49 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A popular spot for locals and visitors alike to enjoy a meal, catch up on the latest gossip and maybe even have a few beverages. We hope that you will also become one of our regulars!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Off the beaten (to death) track of Whistler Village, Southside Diner is a gem in the Creekside Village area. Nothing fancy just great down home food at a reasonable price. The staff is super friendly and the ambiance is funky.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

When we entered this small restaurant, we saw a sign indicating that unattended children will be given a free kitten. The attitude continued as the waitress interacted with us. "It's my job to get you to spend money," she explained when she offered an upgrade to real maple syrup. Our food was delicious and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Huge portions of good, down-home breakfast fare. The place is small, and includes a hostel above and laundramat below it, but dont be put off by the slightly wacky look/feel of this place. Its a solid 8/9 for the food and I really like a quirky atmosphere. Its right on 99, just outside the Creekside resort area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stopped by the Southside to grab a bite in Whistler. The Southside is a bit understated on the outside but stylish on the inside.

The menu seemed to a nice selection of dishes all with a unique twist, such a several variations of hamburgers one of which was made with lamb that I opted for.

The chefs seemingly are french Canadian and they really have a passion for what they do. I sat at the bar and watched them cook and they were all about the ingredients. A lot of care went in to what they made. When my lamburger arrived...oh wow! Yeah, this place is choice. Fresh cut fries to boot!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I didnt encounter a better place to stop after a day on the mountain. Sitting in the diner watching the snow fall was surreal. Great American sandwiches and one of the best poutines I had in canada.