“Perfection”
Review of The Grill Room

The Grill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$23 - US$78
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Blackcomb Way
Description: The Grill Room's signature stone fireplace and rich cherry wood wine cabinets create a soft and welcoming ambience for exceptional regional cuisine paired with the finest wines of British Columbia. Menu highlights include dishes that integrate regional ingredients with seasonal influences such as Canadian AAA Prime beef, Ocean Wise seafood and organic produce grown by our local farmers. With warm, inviting service, table side appetizers and the occasional bottle of sparkling wine being sabered, The Grill Room is the perfect Whistler restaurant location for a night out with friends or a romantic dinner for two in Whistler. After dinner, stop by The Mallard Lounge and relax around outdoor fire pits with award winning scotches and cocktails. The Private Dining Room Looking to celebrate a special occasion? The Grill Room's intimate private dining room with floor to ceiling glass windows and rich decor accommodates up to 18 guests and is perfect for a social gathering or after work party.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We ate at the grill room for the second time and it didn't disappoint! We ordered oysters to start which were kusshis served with a Caesar mignonette. The prep on the oysters was great and they were perfectly plump, chilled and delicious. We each order beef tenderloins and they came out cook to perfection at medium rare with sides of creamed spinach, pemberton carrots (that actually taste like carrots) and garlic prawns. Great wine list, we had Osoyoos Larose which is one of my faves so quite happy to see it. For dessert we shared Carrot cake with cream cheese ice cream....to die for! To finish, they bring out cotton candy which is kind of fun although we were too full at this point to eat it :). Definitely pricey but soooo worth it!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had to work in Whistler and was staying at the Fairmont. I decided to try the Grill Room and I was very happy that I did. My dinner companions felt the same way. All of us had three items on the menu a la carte a piece. Everyone was beyond happy with what we ordered. They appetizers were great, the servers really knew the menu. One of my friends ordered the tomato bisque which they cooked at the table, it was presented with flare. From the lamb, to the steak, to the halibut, everything was cooked very well and really delicious. The sides were also great. Our dessert orders were varied and all of them were very satisfying. We all left the restaurant happy.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My friend and I visited here for her birthday treat whilst staying at the fairmont on a skiing holiday.
We knew this was an expensive restaurant, but reading the reviews thought it would be worth the special occasion and the expense. We were not disappointed.

The steaks we had were very good. The lobster side we had was nice, but not as good as I had expected having built everything up in my head.
My friend really likes her good wine and said the one she had here was excellent and well worth the high price tag.
The little intermediate courses you are brought were a real surprise and were a lovely touch.

The service was very good throughout the night.

I would recommend this place, but only if you. Prepare yourself for a slightly higher bill.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The food here is good, but be prepared to spend some serious $. I ordered the elk rib eye and my husband ordered the wild boar pork chop, and we shared a side of creamed spinach and the lobster mac and cheese. The elk was lean and a little dry for my taste, but that wasn't the fault of The Grill Room. I think elk is naturally lean so if you want meat that's fatty stick to the beef ribeye. My husband loved his pork chop and we both thought that the mac n cheese was to-die-for. Our bill including tax and tip came to about $262 CAD for 2 cocktails, 1/2 bottle of french red wine (the least expensive half bottle on the menu), 2 entrees and 2 sides. We did not have appetizers nor dessert. We were a little shocked at our bill considering in past years we've had fabulous meals at other nice restaurants in Whistler and spent about $100 less. Would I go back? Probably not.

1  Thank J D
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We've dined at the Grill Room three times over the past year. The service was always very good; the food was pretty much excellent. But when we dined there on April 13, 2014, I had a bit of a disappointment. For the third time, I ordered the Ribeye. This time, though, I'd estimate it was 30% below the stated serving size (significant enough for even me to notice, my husband noticed it as well). I'm sure the chef that night realized it, too; he'd certainly been sending out the same size ribeye for weeks or months or even years, and he would have to have known full well that this serving was undersized. I didn't say anything since my party of four was having a lovely evening and everything else was satisfactory. If I had said something, the other three guests would have had their entrees sitting in front of them, and I would have sat waiting another 20 minutes for the issue to be resolved. I probably won't be returning because I find this action to be unforgivable.

1  Thank Chris M