“Up-market dining with a classy modern ambience”
Review of The Wildflower

The Wildflower
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 190 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$16 - US$56
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blackcomb Way
Description: The Wildflower's signature warm and inviting ambiance is the ideal casual resort setting for breakfast and dinner. Showcasing locally inspired dishes and innovative classics in a family-friendly restaurant setting, The Wildflower also offers extensive `by the glass' wine selections, a noteworthy variety of regional beer and signature cocktails. During Whistler's warm, summer months, enjoy alfresco dining on The Wildflower's garden patio.
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Up-market dining with a classy modern ambience”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Chateau Whistler may look a forebidding hotel, towering as it does above all others at the foot of Blackcomb Mountain, but it is well worthwhile venturing inside and having a meal in their Wildflower Restaurant.
The restaurant serves contemporary food in a thoroughly professional way in a setting that is both refined and yet casual. The asparagus starter was to die for, and after a delightful main dish of pork, my partner and I shared a wicked chocolate fondue. I know we shouldn't but it was so good, why miss out? We can always eat more carefully tomorrow.
The meal was pricey, particularly the selection of wines, but the service was excellent and the whole experience was worth the cost.

• Visited September 2013

San Diego
“The Grill Room Behind Wildflower”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Wow are we happy we stopped in. Ate there 3 of four nites. The wait staff was great. Sommelier recommended a great B.C. wine as I didn't want to drink wines I could get in the states. Sadly the B.C. wine cannot be exported. Church and State Cab for anyone who is going. Really good buy and great wine. But I digress.

The Grill Room is behind the much larger Wildflower. It is small. So I would make reservations. It is not much more expensive than Wildflower but far more intimate. People watching is great as the Fairmont always brings an eclectic mix of people to its hotels. The entrees as a rule were incredible, from the wild venison chop to the duck. The trout I had was on the dry side but very flavorful. However my husbands salmon one nite was to die for. The sides led little to be desired. Nothing special. We had fingerling potatos which could have been dressed up. Green beans one nite which were a little greasy. I tried 2 different salads on 2 different occasions and both were mediocre. However their pate was fantastic. Our last nite, one son ordered the chilled seafood for 2 starter. Price was 50 and we were rolling our eyes waiting to see some little lobster tail and a shrimp roll out. Nope. With all the flair you can muster they built this great tower and then atop placed a whole chilled lobster, 2 massive crab claws, 2 king crab legs and 6 oysters and 6 muscles. Our jaws dropped. The lobster alone was worth the money let alone everything else. Came with 2 or 3 sauces which I couldn't get near to taste due to my son hogging it all! The final fun note is they always bring out cotton candy and send you home with wrapped cookies. So even if you are stuffed to the gills and can't eat desert, when everything settles and you sit back in your comfy chair when you go back to your room, you can bring back a little of that great meal to finish your nite. We travel to Whistler almost yearly and have been to most of the high end restaurants. They changed this one for the Olympics and definitely for the better. We were tempted to try other restaurants but decided to not test fate and I am glad we stuck to it. Had we not had reservations at another restaurant already set for one of our 4 nites, it would have been 4 not 3 at the Grill Room.

• Visited August 2013
Seattle
“Best Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The breakfast buffet at Wildflower is still excellent. We used to go to the buffet every time we visited Whistler, and we were happy that it's still wonderful. The eggs benedict, crab legs, scallops, fruit, fish, and many many other dishes were delicious. Our favorite dessert was the chocolate mousse cake which was light and flavorful. So good that we had seconds.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“This is a dinner review”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

The grill opens at 6:00pm. We found this out the hard way when we went for an early dinner.
I don't get some of the other reviews.
This was by far our best dinner in Whistler and our most expensive.
My thanks to Melandro who also made it our most fun supper.
1st of all the service was terrific. Ordered only one appetizer so he sent a tomato soup to
Be made at our table.
The steaks were cooked perfect. All 4 of us ate the whole steak. The presentation is very good and we enjoyed the
Sharing concept for the sides.
He brought a basket of cotton candy for my kids.
Never had to ask for water.
I think the secret is to spend $270 for 4 people if you want really great food in Whistler.
I would definately make this a stop if you come to Whistler.
Ask for Melandro for great service and fun too.
This is 5 star dining but you can go in jeans and the treatment is the same.

Visited July 2013
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great setting”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We visited from Vancouver July 23rd. This is our second time here and both times we sat outside on their mountainside patio. As before it was about 22 degrees and 7pm. The setting is secluded but open with lots of greenery and a running brook right beside your table. We were celebrating a very special occasion for both of us and it couldn't have been better. As before we requested a special dish for my wife and we were both amazed with our waiter 'Chris', and the Chef that created a seafood dish that my wife couldn't say enough about. Great food and staff, thank you.

• Visited July 2013