“Great location, okay hotel...”

Whistler Peak Lodge
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, okay hotel...”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Good points: Good location, right in the centre of the village,helpful staff, spacious suite, nice spa pool (if you go at the right time!).
Not-so- good points: pillows not as comfortable as avdertised, limited toiletries (no shower gel!), noisy guests, no bath tub & no free parking (as with all hotels in the village).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
SOUTH COAST
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Prior to our arrival I organised for a b/day suprise cake and decorations to be in our room for my wife. Thanks go to Matt in Reception who was great in organising this for me. The rooms were spacious and had excellent kitchen facilities, pity we were not there long enough to utilise them. The bed was comfy and you are given a menu of pillow choices which was good. This was a very comfortable place to stay, we also had a balcony which looked over part of the village. Would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Overall, the hotel was nicely furnished and big enough for two little kids to run around without getting in our way. The only downside is the fee for parking. I am a Priority Club Gold member and I thought having this status would at least get me free parking (a previous Holiday Inn I stayed at in San Francisco gave me free parking and breakfast for being a member).

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Rooms are spacious, beds comfy and the little kitchenette comes in handy. Take extra tea bags if you like your cuppa in the morning, 7-11 handy for other bits while you are there. Jetted bathtub is lovely after a day on the slopes and there's masses of closet space for all your gear. Staff very helpful indeed. Amazing location, everything is on your doorstep, therefore it can get a little rowdy outside some evenings but to be honest the location more than makes up for it cos after a day on the slopes you are shattered anyway. Great hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Stayed here in January 2010 for a 10 day ski trip. We've stayed here before so we knew what to expect. Once again, the hotel was great. The front desk staff were excellent and I must mention Darren in particular who was such a great help, finding us a great room and always helpful and happy whenever we dealt with him. We had a larger room (deluxe?) with two beds and a full kitchen. The room was on the 4th floor overlooking the firestation. The bed was really, really comfy, the jet bath was great, the full kitchen (with washing and dryer machine) was great and there was plenty of room. The only negative point was they have removed the movie channel which we found handy if you were too tired after a day skiing to go partying. Excellent location, only a few minutes walk to the slopes which we found good for warming your legs up prior to your skiing. Soemtimes the hotel is noisy at night but we've only found this to be the case when we're jetlagged and can't sleep or when it is the American holiday weekend when there are a lot of young-ish people partying all around the town. This is no fault of the hotel and I imagine this is the same for all village hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would use it again. It is very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
victoria
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I thought staying in the village would be great but it seems I was wrong. Crankfest was on and the village was crazy, I was kept up until 3 am with noisy folks leaving the bars. I need to emphasis this was not the fault of the hotel, we were warned that they really don't have any quiet rooms. The room was ok, we had a two bedroom with a loft and the layout was fine but the room was quite hot. It had a portable air conditioner in the living room which blocked access to one side of the dining table but it worked fine. The beds were fine but it all got missed in the noise of the night. I did find the hotel confusing to get into. You can't get there from here is the word of the day. Overall, I would not stay in the village again, but not beause of the hotel.

P.S. I thought the hotel smelt wierd. But my wife said I was nuts.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Surrey
Reviewed 2 August 2009

This is a great hotel don't get me wrong. We had too connecting rooms (for myself and my hisband and our two teenage boys) and they were both spacious with kitchens and dining tables. It's a great location right in the centre of Whistler but if I'd known Whistler is a party town that attracts, as we call them in the UK, stag and hen parties we would have stayed just outside the town. It's a beautiful spot and we loved our time there and all the activities we did (highlights being the ziptrek and the Peak 2 Peak) but we didn't get to sleep until between 2-3am any of the 3 nights we stayed because there was so much noise outside. It was hot when we were there and the air con was noisy so we tried it with the windows open but that was impossible due to the noise. I feel strongly that the hotels in the centre of Whistler should get together and stop the minority of selfish people (you know who you are) who insist on walking up nd down the town shouting and screaming at the tops of the voices at 3am when all the others who were out partying have called it a night. I am by no means a party pooper and can quite understand it if there's music going on or the bars were open, but these people were just walking around screaming on purpose to disturb others.
But please, I don't want to put people off going to Whistler because despite feeling slightly tired during the day we had a fab time there and the hotel staff were lovely.I would just make sure I stayed slightly outside the town itself next time (& there will be a next time).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family