Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aava Whistler Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$134
US$200
US$174
  • Pool
The Listel Hotel Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$108
  • Restaurant
US$259
US$251
  • Pool
Coast Blackcomb Suites(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$119
  • Breakfast included
US$187
  • Breakfast included
Sundial Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Pinnacle Hotel Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$95
Travelocity
1,390 results
All reviewsirish pubmurphy beddubh linndublin gatemountain viewfull kitchensteam roomone bedroom suiteblackcomb gondolaperfect locationhigher floorski lockersbike parkpool decksmall kitchengas fireplacehot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great stay at the pan pacific. We were in a 2 bedroom suite: 1 room with a queen, 1 with a double, in the living room there was a pull out couch, 2 bathrooms and a full (albeit small) kitchen.

Location can't be beat. 10 second walk to the Excalibur gondola, less than a minute to the whistler gondola. We dropped our skis by reception and the staff put them away for us (and got them out each morning).

Pool and hot tubs were great. There are 2 hot tubs and they were quite warm. The pool was a good temp as well. There was also a small fitness room and a steam room. Best part is they are on the second floor and overlook the mountain and village. We watched snowboard competitions from the hot tub! They have great robes, and provided little robes for the kids. Nice touch.

The suite was in good shape and had lots of closet space. It had a nice gas fireplace, lots of windows and a balcony. Beds were comfortable and linens were nice.

Everyone working at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

Only complaint:
We were on the 2nd floor. Mixed blessing - very close to the pool, so easy for kids to get back and forth quickly. However, this meant that our room had less privacy than I'd have liked. We didn't overlook the pool, but we looked over the stairs that everyone uses to get to the gondola from the shuttle stop. So we needed to keep our blinds drawn most of the time. Keeping in mind we were not in our rooms a lot it wasn't a huge deal, but a bit annoying. Yes, we did book rooms on the lower floor, but didn't expect to be at ground level.

I was also worried it would be loud, given we were over the Irish pub. Didn't end up being an issue, even on st paddy's day.

We would definitely stay here again. I might book a room on a higher floor next time (or at least try to avoid the 2nd floor). That aside, it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank willtravel5
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear guest,

What can we say - Thank you for your very kind and comprehensive review!

I am very pleased to see that you found everything to your liking, be it the convenient location, the in suite amenities, the stunning pool deck views, the oh so comfy robes and the friendly and helpful staff interactions.

Certainly if we can indeed coax you back to spend more time with us here in Whistler, one way to 'guarantee' a higher floor level, would be to specifically book a higher floor suite (typically 5th-8th floor) as opposed to the lower you had this time around.

Please stay in touch as we'd love to see you back.

Warm regards,

Ashley McMillan - Guest Experience Manager - Pan Pacific Whistler - ashley.mcmillan@yahoo.co.uk

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I spent two weeks at the Pan Pacific in early Feb. We found the service and facilities to be first class. Everything worked seamlessly. In particular, nothing was too much trouble for the staff who responded cheerfully to all requests especially Charles on the front desk. This is a five star hotel that really works.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canberra_11

Dear guest,

Thank you for so kindly taking the time to write and share your recent trip experiences.

I'm so pleased to read that you found the service and facilities to be first class and that everything worked seamlessly for you. We certainly do pride ourselves in our team's ability to interact with our guests and respectfully and efficiently tend to our guests requests and needs. As such, it is particularly pleasing to hear that we struck a chord with you on this.

I shall certainly pass your comments onto Charles who will appreciate your kind feedback.

Warm regards from Whistler.

Ashley McMillan - Guest Experience Manager - Pan Pacific Whistler - ashley.mcmillan@panpacific.com

A Whistler Blackcomb traveller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Pan Pacific has a wonderful property. Great location and great staff. Unfortunately, their cancelation policy is VERY strict. They will charge you for your entire stay ONE MONTH in advance, and they will NOT refund this amount even if you cancel the reservation 28 days before your visit. With a doctor's note they will credit your stay, and you will be able to go back within one year. However, you will need a doctor's reason (which I have) for rescheduling. Even more unfortunate for me, my doctor's reason will likely not go away after one year. So, I am stuck paying this money even though they are at 99% occupancy for the days I will be traveling, and could easily re-book my room.

I admit that this policy is written in their confirmation email, and I failed to read every word of the confirmation. I don't know about you, but I don't read everything in every email I receive. So, be warned. Only book a room at this hotel if you are 100% sure that you can go!!!

Even more troubling, I was called a blackmailer when I reported to the manager that I would post this review. I never threatened the manager, nor did I ask for any perks based on writing this review. If they were proud of this policy, then I am unsure why I would be called a blackmailer when I am just writing the truth about their own policy.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 47Elizabeth520
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experiences with us online.

We truly appreciate your sentiments about the property, our location and our staff, but naturally we are sorry to read that you felt as though your request to cancel was not handled accordingly.

Although I know we have spoken with you regarding this, please kindly allow me to explain our 30 day winter cancellation policy and practice a little further. - Please let me please reiterate that this is common practice throughout Whistler and most resort destinations around the world. Winter season is a peak travel time for the Resort, and vacation plans are typically made well into the future. As last minute rooms are hard to sell, and we would typically have turned away potential business, we require prepayment, non-refundable 30 days in advance.

- That said, as you state, we will consider medical emergencies and if someone is considered unfit to travel, we may from time to time in exceptional circumstances look at the option of extending a future credit to allow the guest the opportunity to come back and enjoy the resort, rather than 'lose' their deposits.

I know I speak on behalf of the whole team when I say we look forward to welcoming you back and sincerely hope that you thoroughly enjoy your time here in resort with us.

Please don't hesitate to contact myself if myself or any of our team can be of assistance to you throughout your stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

So I hate giving poor reviews but a brand like the Pan Pacific should be on top of cleaning - especially at $430 a night! I'll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt for one hair in the bathtub, but 3+ with each in a different corner? Turn on the hot water in the shower and the steam shows the soap scum and stains on the tiles from the last guest and you can see where the cleaners only wiped the one side of the shower where the shower head and taps are? Add in a call to room service and have the staff person (who couldn't hear over the noise in the background) state "Hey [name], I can't understand this guy ... can you take this!" wasn't exactly the Pan Pacific standard I would expect. Anyway, besides the hair all over the place in the tub and the poor room service experience, the property is very nice and the views are naturally spectacular. The front desk staff were polite - have to remember Whistler is a super casual destination so adjust expectations. All-in-all disappointing for the price but I suspect I was just a victim of bad karma and missed cleaning so I'll give the hotel the benefit of the other reviewers who had a much better experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jedavan
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you kindly for your review. Your comments are very genuinely appreciated and it is from this valuable feedback that we will continue to learn, monitor and drive our restless efforts for continuous improvement.

Naturally, your comments have indeed been passed onto the relevant senior management heads for review, but in the meantime, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these points further should you wish, so that we can better understand the problems you very unfortunately encountered.

I speak on behalf of the entire Pan Pacific team when I offer our sincere apologies for your experiences and hope that these did not detract too much from the overall enojyment of your time here in Whistler.

Best regards,