We stayed at the Chateau for ten days as a relaxing getaway/ ski holiday in April 2011 and did not regret it. The room price was relatively low as we booked through Ski Dream and got a good deal but, as is the case with 5*s, dining, drinks and incidental items were expensive.
Six reasons to stay at this hotel:
1. The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful. In particular the concierge booked all of our ski hire, rentals and passes for us beforehand and made sure we got good deals on everything.
2. The ski concierge service and proximity to the slopes (the Blackcomb 'Wizard Express' lift is literally a minute away from the hotel) was great for a primarily skiing holiday.
3. Rooms were roomy and large with a fridge and kettle so no need to rely on room service all of the time. We asked for and received a great view of the mountains/ slopes.
4. The hotel only seemed to be about 50% occupied despite the excellent snow and consequently there were some good deals on dining options available.
5. The Mallard Bar was very atmospheric for both après ski and evening drinks.
6. Sitting outside overlooking the slopes in the hot tub at the end of the day felt very decadent indeed.
Overall a very well furnished and designed hotel maintained to high standards. Also of note was the complimentary bus service to Whistler Village (only a ten minute walk away) and the free high speed internet/ wifi (but make sure that you enrol - for free - into the Fairmont President's Club to receive this).
We would definitely consider this hotel again for a future stay in Whistler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler's landmark ski-in ski-out hotel, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. A classic 12-story Chateau-style resort hotel with Health Club, Spa and the largest pool deck in Whistler - offering indoor and outdoor swimming pools, four whirlpools and breathtaking views of Blackcomb mountain. Situated a five minute walk from village center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Fairmont Whistler
- Whistler Fairmont