“Friendly and inviting service was Top Notch!”

Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly and inviting service was Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Location is good for us as it is quiet and not in the main blackcomb village. Slept with the window open and it was perfectly quiet.

Staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Couldn't ask for more.

Lunch in the lobby lounge area was good. Menu had a good variety. I had the Dim Sum Ocean and it was excellent.
Breakfast in Wildflower was a buffet and also very good.

The hotel had renovations ongoing in the health club which was unfortunate although the well equipped gym and outdoor hot tubs were still available.

Our room was very comfortable with two large easy chairs a king size bed and large flat screen TV. There was some wear showing in a few things ie: closet doors, furniture surfaces but nothing that deterred ys from our enjoyment. Spacious bathroom wirh a separate shower from the bathtub was really nice.

We woke up to the first snow of the season and it was so beautiful! The fall colours were abounding and yet this unexpected dusting of snow was delightful. I visited here in the spring, summer and winter before but the fall is truly stunning.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Me and my husband stay at Fairmont Chateau Whistler every time we go to Whistler. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The service is wonderful. One time we had car problems and they arranged rides for my husband and helped him out without us asking. I find the food in the restaurants to be delicous. I love swimming in the pools and the hot tub. I'm looking forward to going back again soon.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

On arrival was a little put out by having to pay $30 a night for parking and wifi wasn't free as it is in most hotels nowadays but soon got over it when we checked in. Told the girl (Megan I think), that we were on honeymoon and she upgraded us to a king deluxe which I absolutely loved!! Room was fabulous and loved everything about it. Safety deposit box in room, umbrella in wardrobe for guest usage, separate bath and shower. Got such a lovely surprise when we went back to the room shortly after check in to find chocolate covered strawberries and champagne!! Didn't eat in hotel but had some drinks there. Construction ongoing around the pool which didn't affect us, didn't use it as it started raining the day after we arrived. Any staff we dealt with were so helpful and polite. Was sorry to be leaving it this morning!
Loved Whistler, only problem was we paid $189 each for bear viewing but didn't see any bears!!! Lack of rain meant the berries and grass they eat wasn't growing
so they were not out eating like usual. Think the company we booked that with could have just charged half or even made a no bear no charge policy as they pretty much always see bears.

• Stayed October 2012
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Fairmont Chateau Whistler for your honeymoon. We were very pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your time with us. We would encourage you to sign up for our guest loyalty program, Fairmont President's Club. One of the many benefits is complimentary internet from your guest room when staying at any of our hotels or resorts. We were sorry that the bears did not make an appearance during your visit. Please keep us in mind for your many anniversaries to come!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

My mom and I stayed a weekend at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler in late September, checked into a Gold Room, and loved it. The room was gorgeous, the beds unbelievably comfortable, the Gold Concierge service friendly and helpful, and the Gold lounge breakfast absolutely delicious. The outdoor pool and hot tubs were ideal at the end of the day, as were drinks in the lounge and a meal at the hotel restaurant. They even served excellent heated, gluten free dinner rolls from Origins Bakery in Victoria - truly delicious and a nice touch.

Would like to mention a special thanks for excellent service to Voltaire (I think?), who saved my wrist watch from the hotel bath robe before it was placed in the washer! Having checked the pocket, he took it out and ensured it was returned to me after I arrived home. I loved the watch, and had accepted it's demise... what a wonderful surprise!

This attention to detail and care for service was what both mom and I valued so much.

Room Tip: Gold Rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Great customer service. Lots of smiling helpful staff from the gym lady who helped me work the machines to the desk staff who gave me a paper cup for my coffee to go.
My first surprise were the chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for me in my room. Second surprise was the Kurig coffee maker in the room. A really nice touch as it makes good coffee and third were the glass wine glasses and not just regular glasses. On the negative there were no paper cups if you wanted to take your coffee with you. It took me three tries to find a paper cup.
The main pool was under renovation which was a disappointment but the lap pool was open so I swam some laps at 9pm and had the pool to myself and the stars above but then the construction noise started (drilling that late in the evening). Oh well I moved on to the hot tub and enjoyed myself there talking to fellow travelers. Because of the renovations to the pool area the patrons of the hotel had to walk many flights of stairs to get to the fitness and hot tub area. I heard many complaints of people wondering where this was leading them? It was a little creepy.
The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. I didn't hear any sounds from any other rooms except for the people in the morning in the hallway but by then I was up.
The parking costs 30 dollars and if you want to save some money park at the hotel next door for 15.
If you expect a modern hotel this isn't it. Its older looking and at times you wonder about the different decor in the hallways. Its very dated.
Overall a nice stay and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Park in the hotel public parking next door for half the price.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank iamgoneagain
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read about the great service you experienced during your stay! We appreciate your patience regarding the upgrade to our Health Club, and were sorry to hear about the confusion regarding access to our facility. We look forward to sharing our new Health Club with you very soon. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail. Our Front Office Management team can be reached at cwrfoleaders@fairmont.com. We hope to hear from you!

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We just got home from yet another stay at the Fairmont Whistler. We go almost every October for our anniversary and the big Turkey sale/Market. It by far is our favourite place to stay up there as we have tried a few other hotels up there. I will say that this wasn't the best stay this time. They had the pool, sauna and Steam room torn up for renovations (which I know must be done at some point) But they never disclosed this upon booking. If we had of known we probably would have stayed somewhere else. It is a huge reason why we stay there so we were very disappointed. They should have at least given a better rate considering this. Also, in years past they would put out chocolates or a little something as it's our anniversary when we go but they didn't do anything, not even a room upgrade.
If you decide to go just make sure the pools are up and running and I promise you will really enjoy your stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Slope side View room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philandmichelle
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for continuing to choose The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. We were disappointed to read that your anniversary was not acknowledged during your recent stay. This is something we are typically very good at. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding our pool facility upgrade. During this time we are still offering one pool, two hot tubs, and our fitness facility. We will have the rest of the pool amenities back in service very soon. We look forward to welcoming you back with a beautiful facility!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

This hotel is absolutely amazing: great spacious rooms, impeccable service, great location in the Whistler village whether you ski or not.
The spa amenities are the best ones I have ever seen: the steam room, the outdoor heated pool and hot tubs (with drink service!) are amazing, with great view of the mountains.
Highly recommended!