“Westin magic in Whistler” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Wollongong, Australia
“Westin magic in Whistler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My 4th trip to Whistler & Wstin Resort provided luxury & convenience at a good early bird booking price from Australia. Reception was efficient for my group of 7 with ski valet a great advantage as you come off the mountain.
Also a good selection of restaurants & bars in house & jus a very short walk to the village night life & shopping.
Just a shame that Whistler Blackcomb ski mountains are so crowded.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I am an SPG platinum member and I have 22 days year to date and it is not even march! This is the most unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in. The manager Jason should not be working in the hospitality business!! They will simply not help guests with simple requests and I am from spg's top guests. I do not recommend this property.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Stevetr1,

I was very troubled to read your comments, and would like to speak with you directly to learn more about your experience. At your earliest convenience please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com.

Stay well,
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Really enjoyed the Westin Resort and Spa. Very welcoming lobby that Makes you want to sit and stay. Enjoyed the pool with the inside to outside swim option, then a hop skip and into the outdoor hot tub. It was a wonderful way to spend some time before dinner. Dinner at the grill and vine was exceptional. The food was delicious and the service couldn't have been better. We were back again in the morning for an amazing breakfast buffet. Have your omelette made to order, great selection of fruit and pastries and breads. I loved that they put a carafe of coffee right on the table. The coffee was good and strong for my liking :). We had a wonderful stay. Wish we were there longer as the room was comfy with our own fireplace, kitchenette and balcony. The service and ambiance of the whole hotel made our stay very memorable. We will be back as we didn't get a chance to try the spa ;)

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel December 13-15, 2014. The location is excellent, right in the village, easy access to the gondola, restaurants, shops but still quiet and does not feel crowded. The rooms are nice and area a good size. We had a full kitchen and nice bathrooms ( nice deep bath tub and a separate shower). What I liked is that there is a lots of storage space ( large dresser in the bedroom) good size closets in the unit, which is a bonus when you have all your ski stuff. Also, ski valet is super convenient, once you get down from the slopes you hand over your skis right at the bottom so you don't have to carry them through the village to the hotel yourself. The heated outdoor pool, which you can get into inside and then swim outside is great. The outdoor hot tub is a bit small for the size of the hotel but there is another one inside. The gym is well equipped . The buffet breakfast in the hotel was also very good ( better value then ordering from the menu). I had a massage done by Lucie in the hotel spa and she was absolutely phenomenal. Overall, next time I am in Whistler I think this will be my choice again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Issaquah,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a property that will nickel and dime you to death. It does have a fabulous location in the village; the rooms do have kitchenettes; they do allow dogs. That being said, they are not a service oriented property. We have stayed there 5 times. Have they ever said, "welcome back"? No. Do they upgrade us because we are platinum status? No. Do they honor the late checkout for a platinum? No. And this is for 5 week long stays. They say, 'do not store skis in room", and then they charge you a $9/day/ski for a ski valet fee for a valet you have to walk to and wherein which you must wait in an egregious line. The hot tub situation is that there is one hot tub outside and one inside, and it is a large property and you have to fight for a space in either with swarms of small children. Additionally, the hot tub closes at 10PM. As we can use points to stay, we will return. But I would NEVER spend my own money here because they are not friendly, they do not make me nor my family feel welcome. They are cold and unaccommodating year after year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear RobotX,

I was very troubled to read your review. Let me personally say that we truly appreciate your business as repeat guests, and that your loyalty is very important to us. I cannot offer an excuse for the lapse of service you've experienced, only an apology. I'd like to personally offer my assistance making the arrangements for your next visit so I can ensure your experience exceeds your expectations. At your convenience please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am a lifetime Platinum Member of. Starwood and this Westin was just lacking? I have stayed at all the ski properties in North America and this was my least favorite. The location is outstanding but the service was not up to par in every area with the exception of the Valet Staff. When your paying top dollar for a two bedroom suite, for 8 nights, you don't expect to pay an additional $28 to store your skis. The kitchen was small and just adequate and the fridge was too tiny to store food in. I would back just for the convenience to the slopes but service could improve.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ajsaraf,

Thank you for writing your review. We truly appreciate your business as an SPG Platinum member, and I apologize that your stay was not up to your standards. I appreciate your constructive criticism as well, and welcome you to contact me directly (lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com) on your next visit so I can personally ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Stay well,
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The location can't be beat--right next to the gondolas. The rooms are very comfortable, but I highly recommend upgrading to a larger room (1 bedroom suite, as opposed to the regular rooms) for a little more breathing room. The staff at the front desk and the concierge were very friendly.
My only suggestions would be to include the ski chalet (which is mandatory and overpriced) as a free courtesy to hotel guests, and some of the amenities that are typical at ski resort hotels (free coffee / hot chocolate, cookies, etc) were also sadly absent.
If driving from the airport, get good directions (the turn onto the hotel's street is easy to drive by).
I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends