“luxury escape”

GreenLeadersGold level
Surrey, Canada
“luxury escape”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel appears to me a small village of it's own with shops and restaurants on the inside. The bed and bedding was so luxurious I wanted to ask the brand names so I could purchase some for my home. We had a wonderful view of the mountains and the room had a small kitchenette. The bath tub was a soaker and felt like a little peice of heaven. I highly recommend this place !!

Room Tip: choose a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank braverman15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My daughter and I had a very nice stay here. The room was cozy and had very comfortable beds. The food at the restaurant was delicious. The room service food was also delicious and came very quickly. The location at the edge of Whistler Village is convenient yet private. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: It's Whistler, so a room with a view is really worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear sfs1966,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your daughter to the resort! I'm delighted you had such a memorable stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome check in, was very quite, we got to our room, 865, wow very very nice. The staff were very friendly, which is something I always look for. The room was a very good size , more than we expected .the parking is a little expensive $34 a day. I would go back forsure. It was a great location and very very well kept. Lobby very nice , oo and the pool was heated. Looking forwArd to coming back!!

Stayed May 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had to be convinced to stay here by my travel agent..... not for any other reason than I thought is was more 'hotel' than I needed for a ski holiday. However, the beauty of this resort is that it is good value for money especialy when you take advantage of their promotions - and why wouldn't you.
Terrific location, not the centre of town as some have suggested, however, it is about the closest you can get to the ski lifts without working there - and easy walking distance to everything else you need when on a ski holiday. Centre of town = no, wonderfully located and conveninet = resounding YES.
Staff were great, check-in and check-out seamless. Room was fantastic. Bed comfy, facilities, fireplace - all terrific. Washing machine close by if it was needed.

The only downside for me was the spa area - not because the facilities were lacking, but more because the hot tub/s and pool were full of kids. The noise was horrendous and certainly not the relaxing hot tub experience I was hoping for after skiing all day. You could work around this by holding off on going down until the kids were upstairs being fed. This wasn't always convenient and I guess this is just one of those things you have to put up with. Also, I have absolutely no confidence in the the "swim nappy" that most of the toddlers were wearing. Nappy accident, however small and warm bubbling water - just plain scary. I stuck mostly to the sauna and the steam room for my relaxation - reduced the biohazard and the noise. Plenty of towels provided which was another plus.
Would I stay here again - absolutely.

Room Tip: I'd always opt for a room facing the mountain.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Fantastic location and generally great service.We had a 2 bed delux apartment - ideal for breakfast - forget cooking much as they're not well equipped. Beds are "heavenly" for sure - bliss. Firerock restaurant and in particular waitess Hannah did a fabulous job - great food and brilliant for kids. Skip the Grill & Vine unless you're looking for grumpy waitresses and poor service, customers an inconvenience we found despite having booked a table...hey ho! Anna our room maid did a superb job. Overall great hotel but you get the feeling the resort could sharpen up...can Whistler live on the Olympic legacy forever???

Room Tip: Take advantage of early booking offers. We paid extra for a valley view which we really enjoyed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susie K
Dear Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I appreciate all of your kind comments, as well as your notes about your service at Grill & Vine. Please accept my apologies for that, and rest assured that I will follow up with the team.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for 2 nights during our honeymoon. The room was great, balcony, fire, kitchen area, loved it. The staff left us a bottle of wine, some chocolates and a card congratulating us on our wedding which really made our stay personal - really appreciated it. The location is great, right in the heart of whistler village for restaurants, shops, access to lifts... We also ventured out the other side to the walking trails in and around the golf course which made a really nice walk. The only downside to our stay was that when we used the gym/pool we found that they were not supervised at all. This meant lots of kids playing on the gym equipment causing us to leave but fortunately the weather was nice to we went for a run instead. Overall great stay and personal service, would definitely come back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katefk82
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, which was related to business. The facilities are all great and very close to all the tourist activities, i.e. skiing/snowboarding, ziptrekking in winter and mountain biking and golf in summer

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks Eric! It's wonderful to hear a term like "Magnificent" to describe our guests' experiences. We hope to see you again soon!