“Good location and spacious rooms”

The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently spent a night at the Westin in Whistler and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel.

The rooms were very clean and spacious. It is located right in the village so everything is very walkable.

The pool and workout facilities were excellent as was the restaurant.

I would definitely stay there again, especially if I was going to be there for an extended period of time as the suites are very spacious and have wonderful kitchenettes!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Cheryl,

I appreciate you sharing your comments! I'm glad to hear that you'll be returning. We look forward to seeing you again.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

997 - 1,003 of 2,093 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Great location for mountain access. Located at the end of pedestrian mall.

Great rooms with kitchens. Very comfortable. Fire places and balconies.

Wee bit dated.

Internet was sporadic.

Frustrated with room key. Checked in went for a bike ride. Trekked up to my room only to discover neither of my room keys would work.

Trekked all the way back down and went to same person that checked me in. At this point I'm tired, I stink and just want my room.

She would not give me my key since I did not have id on me. She had just checked me in!! Oh come on. I showed her my credit card that she had used. Nope! Not good enough.

I said ask me some personal info. Nope!!!! Not good enough.

Had to wait while she look for someone to take me to my room. Soooo frustrating. Then she try's to tell me that I must have done something to deactivate my keys. Come on. Really???

After a bit she can't find anyone to take me up and decides she will. On the way she finds someone and he takes me up and I have to show him my id

I know it's safety related but really. Same person same card ask me personal stuff. Lack of communication skills.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dan459us

Dear dan459us,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to Whistler! Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you experienced at the Front Desk. Safety and security are of course a priority for us, but this should have been handled in a way that did not inconvenience you so much. I will be sure to follow up on your comments and use them as a training opportunity for the team.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed here twice: once for business and once for a weekend getaway. Both times I have been impressed with the quality of the accommodations and the value! The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the bathrooms spacious.

The fitness centre is top notch, and the pool area has a great view!

Definitely a great option in Whistler. I will book here again if I ever return to Whistler.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler S

Dear Tyler,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I'm glad you had such an enjoyable stay. I certainly hope another visit to Whistler is more than just a remote possibility! If you do return, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved our stay at Westin while on our Tour of the Canadian Rockies. Our room was great and the bedding super comfortable. It was nice to have a suite so my husband could sleep in while I got up. The staff were helpful and friendly although a little stiff compared to the other Canadians we had met. We loved being able to walk to the village to shop and browse. Highlight was meeting some of the mountain bikers riding the ski lift. They were so friendly and informative. Breakfast was EXPENSIVE but good. So nice to have a little balcony to sit on and enjoy the Spring air.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Becky,

Thank you for sharing your review! After such a thorough tour of the Rockies I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We look forward to another visit soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed for a dance competition that was right in the hotel. I loved it. The lobby is lovely and check in was quick and friendly. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We were on the third floor of the west tower. The bed was super comfortable, however the pull out sofa bed for our teenage daughter was horrible. If you like springs digging into your back you'll love the sofa bed. The kitchen was great and all appliances worked well. We immediately put all the goodies for purchase out of the way so as to not be tempted, as the prices are super expensive! I recommend bringing your own groceries from home to save yourself some money. Pool and hot tub were great. The bathroom in our room had a nice big tub and a separate shower. Very nice! Another money saving tip for a family is to park elsewhere. Once you're there you will not need your car. I looked up cheap parking in Whistler and there are a few options. We parked for a grand total of $10.00 for the three nights (had to move the car once) and it was only a 5 min walk from the hotel. Once I got home and reviewed my hotel bill (emailed to me) I saw that we'd been charged for parking at the hotel so please review your bill before leaving. Also be aware that money is held on your credit card for up to 10 working days for incidentals. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammy S

Dear Tammy,

Thank you for bringing the family to stay with us! I appreciate you sharing your comments, and am glad to see that your visit for the dance competition was so memorable. We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Whistler is stunning. The hotel did have great views and the room we stayed in was clean and spacious. We were changed extras from the mini bar that was emailed to us after we had left the country. I have emailed twice asking about the charges (it may be that coffee wasn't complimentary) but no one has bothered responding. Pretty ordinary service really for a supposedly high end hotel.

Room Tip: Check the ill thoroughly because they won't respond to you after you leave.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSAustralia229
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear MSAustralia229,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see you had such an enjoyable visit to Whistler. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in service regarding the additional charges. Please feel free to contact me directly at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com and I'll personally assist you.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Clean, professional, properly branded - this is what I love about the Westin brand. They follow through on every expectation, at every resort and I appreciate the standards they set for themselves.

My one disappointment was the $30/ night self-parking; I understand that rate for the larger cities, but at Whistler I would have figured they would give you a bit of a break; I would say $15-20 is a far-more appropriate rate. I know the response from management is that it is an "appropriate rate" based on what the neighbouring hotels charge, but I don't care about the competitive rate, $30/ night self-parking is crazy for hotel parking in Whistler. Thanks.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheShawnYYC

Dear TheShawnYYC,

Thank you for staying with us! It's wonderful to see that you are such a Westin fan, and I'm glad we were able to deliver the experience that you know and love from the brand. I do understand your perspective on our parking rates, and appreciate you sharing your comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!