“Best Hot Chocolate anywhere”

The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is a really good hotel. It is so convenient for the gondolas up Blackcomb and Whistler mountains and staff will take your skis from you when you come off the slopes at the end of the day. I have been to this hotel 4 times already and have booked to go back again this coming ski season. The breakfasts are very good and serve what I consider to be the best hot chocolate anywhere.The staff are also really friendly. The rooms are spacious - we have used the sofa beds for children and still had enough space. Your skis/ poles / boards are stored downstairs so you only need have your boots in the room and if you are lucky you can get a really good view of the mountain from your room. The only downsides are that the 2 jacuzzis (one inside and one out) are often quite crowded and the on-site restaurants aren't as good as those a short walk away in the village.

Room Tip: Get a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your review Traveller_Ian333! We look forward to having you back for more hot chocolate next season!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

For the money, you can find a lot better. Our room had a big gap in the curtains that let a lot of light in (they did come fix it), a broken door in the bathroom, and construction noise whenever we wanted to take a nap. When I was checking out, they asked out my stay was and I told them of the problems, and their only response was sorry. This isn't your typical Starwood. Choose somewhere else and save the $30 in parking fees (you can actually park in the Day Lot P4 for free).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank adamcwebb
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Mr. Webb,

I appreciate you taking the time to follow up with our Front Office Manager since leaving your review here. I trust everything has been resolved to your satisfaction, and I wanted to reach out to offer my personal apologies as well. We look forward to putting our best foot forward on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, wonderfully designed and a wonderful location. the price was reasonable but beware of hidden costs. Internet $5per hour, parking $30/day, resort tax. wonderful except for the front desk and female concierge staff who were rude, parcelled out information, and clearly lacking customer service training. Not what would be expected at a hotel of this caliber. Example. We called down after finding we were charged $5 to use the internet and asked why it was not posted anywhere or why we had not been told. the reply "it is on our web site" I said "I made my reservations by phone" I was then rudely told "we assume that people who stay with us know"

The female concierge was reluctant to share information and one had to know what was available in order to receive details. Her manner was both rude and unprofessional . Again not what one would expect at hotel of this caliber

Room Tip: We had a wonderful room with a mountain view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ofdogsandhumans

Dear Ofdogsandhumans,

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay, although I apologize sincerely for the rudeness you encountered. I assure you this is not the attentive and warm service we are known for, and I will follow up with our front office team.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed in the Westin for 5 days in August 2014. I've stayed at this hotel in July or August of 2012, 2013 and 2014. Each time the room I've stayed in included a kitchen (including a fridge, stove, dishwasher, utensils, and dishes), a gas fireplace, and a couch. The staff have always been friendly, the rooms always spotless, and overall I've had a great experience every time I've stayed here.

The hotel is at the end of the village closest to the Whistler Gondola which is probably a two minute walk away. The location is ideal both because of it's proximity to the Gondola and because the area is quieter than hotels in the center of the village.

Overall I'd recommend anyone travelling to Whistler to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam9999999999999

Dear Adam,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest! It was a pleasure to welcome you back, and we look forward to many more visits.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went there this year Aug 2014 and it was fantastic. We spent two nights there as we were staying with my son in squamish, the room was great, and the view was just as good. The staff were fantastic and the food was amazing. We had great weather good enough to sunbath and go for a swim. Whistler is a great place to see and there are lots of things to do and see, and good places to eat to. Be prepared to tip and spend a little more than you think. Overall the hotel has a great location with views that are spectacular. You might even see some bears if you are lucky.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you steel60! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, we truly appreciate the 5-star review!

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Great resort just steps from the Whistler village gondolas. Every room has a kitchen with a nice size fridge and tones of other culinary amenities. Full size oven and a dishwasher too. Our room had a one bedroom and living room with a pull out bed. There was also a nice balcony that overlooked the forested mountain side. Very quite too. Never heard anything from any other room. In every floor there is a washer and drier for your use as well. The staff were friendly and engaged. The pool was great for kids and adults alike. I like the separate area off to this side to relax just a few steps from the pool. We didn't dine in the restaurant but have heard great things. Will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for staying with us Chef_SER! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We just had a very quick and wonderful stay at The Westin Whistler on the weekend. Our room was fabulous - a nice 1 bedroom, with a large balcony/deck that had a view overlooking the golf course driving range and mountains.

Valet parking was a breeze as was storing and accessing our bikes each and every time we went for a ride through the fabulous trails around Whistler.

Enjoyed the continental breakfast buffet as well, full of lots of healthy treats.

The pool, spa and steam was also renovated since our last stay and we took full advantage of those facilities too.

Already looking forward to our return visit for The Whistler Spirit Run weekend, at the end of September!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear scratchcat,

Thank you for sharing your review! I'm delighted you had such a memorable visit, we look forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks!