“Great salads and pizza”

Ranked #5 of 194 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wood fired pizza made with love using as much local and organic sourcing as possible!
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed the organic salad. Our waitress suggested bringing an extra plate and fork with my husband's salad and putting the onions I did not like on the side. Yummy and fresh. We ordered the special chicken pizza, and it was delicious. The crust was thin and flavorful. Every bite of the pizza was a little different. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. The flower-filled patio was very pleasant. A very nice dining experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was staying at the lodge nearby and decided to get a pizza to go from Creekbread. I ordered the

"Whistler Community Creekbread:
Our wood-fired cauldron tomato sauce, caramelized organic
onions, BC grown mushrooms, premium whole milk
mozzarella and Asiago cheese baked on organic
bread dough with housemade organic garlic oil, sprinkled with our own blend of organic herbs."

The pizza was just average/ok. The flavors were average, the look was average, the taste was average. Basically, there was nothing special or remarkable for me to comment on. If anything, it could've stood to be left in the oven a bit longer to get some of that wood-fired-oven char.
This was a Saturday night, around 7:30pm, so it was quite busy. I'm not sure if they were just in a hurry or whatever, but I felt kinda let down that the flavor and quality wasn't like the other reviewers were raving about. Maybe I'm just biased? I live within walking distance of a well-known Seattle wood-fired pizza joint that is ridiculously good.

I would give this place one more chance though, just to see if my experience was just a fluke.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our guide took us here for dinner and we tried 4 of their house pizzas and one of the salads. The food is excellent. Our waitress was a total ditz, but adorably so which proved more amusing than bothersome. The place is super casual and very family friendly but the star of the show is the pizza. The HUGE wood fire dbrick oven dominates the place, making it pretty hot in July but I assume its awelcome benefit during cooler months. We really liked the food and would go back. It was an easy walk from our hotel in Creekside and they had a large bar if you have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Pizza in Whistler has usually been Avalanche by the slice but nothing else to speak of, until now. Creekbread is the real deal. Mostly locally sourced ingredients, as much as possible made in house. I had the Kalua pork pizza and thought it was awesome, my wife had the veggie pizza special and she raved about it. The crust comes out of the woodfired oven just slightly charred but very tasty. The only reason we didn't give it 5 stars was the price. For 4 of us to have a personal size pizza, 1 small salad and water to drink the bill was $80. We can get something fairly similar at home for about half that price. We realize there is a premium on all things Whistler but that's a little steep.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great salads. We had half Sausage, half Coevolution (peppers, kalamata). I found the sausage one to be a bit bland and would add something more. Coevolution was good but it is a lot of salt with the mozz and kalamata. We had the potato last visit, and it needed the bacon for flavor. Kids liked the Jay's plain cheese. It is quirky and communal feeling, but we liked it. This was our 2nd visit and I look forward to trying them all!