“Great for the price! ”

Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Great for the price. Includes kitchen, wifi, shuttle to whistler village & breakfast. Parking is costly though. Rooms are nice & clean. Overall great for a large group, it is a bit far from the village so think about that.

P.s we loved the waffles for breakfast!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank S S

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We started our summer out with 5 days at the Coast Blackcomb and had a pretty good time, but agree with some of the other comments re: A/C and updating. First, the good things. We (the kids and mom and dad) loved the pool and the breakfast, and the 2BR rooms are very spacious. Plus it was just a short hike down the mountain to the Kids Zone and the chair for the gondola (we saw 4 black bears on the way up to the gondola!). Now for the bad. We were travelling with another family and had requested 2 rooms side by side so we could spend more time together, unfortunately the hotel dropped the ball on that one and had us at opposite ends of the floor. To their credit, they got us side-by-side a couple of days later. As I mentioned, the breakfast buffet is pretty nice, especially for the kids, but if you want waffles you have to go through line-up chaos. They need to work on a better system. Also, be prepared to pay $22 per night for parking! Check out some of the free spots around whistler and save yourself some money if staying for more than a couple of nights. All in all it was a good stay, and we would come back - 3.5/5.0 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank garstein
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Uncomfortably hot stuffy hotel rooms are the top featured elevator discussion topic amongst this hotel guests. This is not a joke!

Seriously this hotel management is terribly reluctant to invest any of their precious $ in getting any proper A/C system, NOT even any portable A/C as an interim measure for their guests.

Complaints to their useless hotel manager is no where fruitful. The manager, a she, righteously defended the reason for not having A/C in their guest rooms and in the whole building as due to its location at Whistler, thus a ski resort. Ok, If that argument ever flies, then they SHALL NOT open for business at all during any of the summer months when the inland temp is averaging >30C hot daily!!! Also, guess what, since the hotel has NOT mentioned their rooms having A/C in their rooms, then they cannot refund you for a feature that is not advertised, right?! Just does it ever cross your mind that a hotel room you had paid $185 / night, doesn't have A/C ??!! Even crappy Super8 rooms have A/C, seriously! The manager also humored us and "gladly invited" their guests to cool themselves down into the hotel swimming pool during the day - instead of in the comfortable of ours own room in our privy. Just the "thoughtful" of this hotel manager is beyond comprehension!

Even more ridiculous, the management thinks their o-so-loud & annoying portable fan can keep the room temperature cool down enough at night after the scouring afternoon sun ray. If we were to stay here more than 1 night, I couldn't imagine what I will do next.

This hotel location also sucks any time in winter and summer as it is on a hill slope. Walking up and down the steep hill from the hotel to the village below on a hot summer day is already a hike / torture all by itself. Their free shuttle helps slightly if you are not in a hurry, as it services and stops at all hotels up on the Blackcomb mtn, but as Coast Blackcomb is the one at the VERY TOP, it takes forever for the shuttle to crawl back to the hotel from village, give and take +/-30min, providing if you haven't missed the shuttle.

Whistler Blackcomb website - you shall permanently delisting Coast Blackcomb from your hotel listing for good because this hotel is a SKI RESORT ONLY!! Associating your website with this hotel will only drives dissatisfactory customer rating back to you !!

Room Tip: Will never ever come here again for goods!
3  Thank Lilmcnugget
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The coast Blackcomb is fantastic set of cute condos set on the ski hill for ski-in and ski-out. It's also far enough away from the main village to avoid the college kids' Super Bowl revelry. The bus into the village is quick and there is a store in Blackcomb village.
The rooms were nice and cosy, nice kitchenette and fire place.
No room service but that's not what this type of accommodation is about. It's not a hotel.
Breakfast was excellent, fresh waffles, bread and toasters, cereals, eggs, fruit, muffins and juice. The breakfast can be taken up to the rooms.
Hot tub area is lovely although a little cramped.
Excellent!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Haz F
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel and thought we'd give it a try as we visit Whistler every summer. Yes, the hotel definitely is a bit worn and needs updating but the staff were friendly and having a fully equipped kitchen in the room was very nice. As my husband has a disability, we were in a one-bedroom that was accessible. It was clean but not sure if that is because the room is not used as often. I was disappointed the room did not have air conditioning but I suppose the hotel was built for winter visitors and has not been fitted to accommodate summer ones despite Whistler's push for a full year resort experience. Although the location is a bit far from the village (not really walking distance and even biking is difficult due to the steep climb to the hotel), the local bus stops right at the hotel every half hour and is free! It only took about 5 minutes to get to the village. In the summer, you can also walk down a trail on the ski hill to get to the village which would only take about 10 minutes or less. Parking at the hotel is pricey, in my opinion, for a hotel so far away from the village so we parked down the street where it was free and hopped the bus for a quick ride to pick up our car. We didn't use the pool because it was too cold during our visit but it was a good size. Even with kitchens in the rooms, the hotel offers a free breakfast. It's pretty standard fare but they did offer fresh fruit. My husband really liked his stay here, but I would say this is a great hotel for families on a budget (lots of kids running around). I'd wish they would put in a bit of money for updating to entice me to stay here again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went up last weekend with my husband to enjoy a local music festival. We were very excited to stay at this lovely looking hotel. My first booking was completed on Expedia - we decided to book another night and extend our stay. The website distinctly says:
"Book your summer getaway deal by August 15, 2014 and save on your next stay in Whistler, BC, Canada!
Stay 2 nights & save 10%"
When I booked the lady told it would be $145 for the extra night. When we arrived the waiver I needed to sign said $161 for each night. I let the nice desk girl know that wasn't correct and she said she would email the booking agent and review it. No one ever got back to me, and now looking at my bill it is still $161 for each night. No discount was applied, even after pointing it out and mentioning the website.

We brought our car. We were asked "do you need a parking space?" and we said yes, and got a parking space. As we left, we were informed we were being charged $23/night for our parking space. At NO POINT had we been informed that we were to be charged for parking. I mentioned this to the desk girl and she just shrugged it off and asked if no one told me when I booked on the phone. I said no, and she just ignored it. No sorry, no explanation, nothing.

Nice pool! Nice hot tubs!
Room was okay, but there was a tampon string on the wall in the bathroom when we got inside. They did promptly send someone to clean it.
Room is also a bit cramped, but awesome kitchenette and fully stocked cupboards.
No room service.
Breakfast is small, no eggs or bacon, but lots of breads, cereals, and tasty waffles!
There is a free shuttle at several hours to take you into town - it is super handy.

I would rate the hotel as average or possible very good, but due to the lies and the poor service, I have to go with Poor. :( We will be back to Whistler again, but unfortunately we will look for another hotel.

1  Thank skywolfe
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful place to rest from the busy life we live Way up on painted cliff with a full kitchen, balcony , gym and swimming pool
The staff is just wonderful and the place is great I am a regular and really enjoy this hotel

Room Tip: They are all good but I prefer to face the forest I like very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business